Monday 25 December 2017

Jus' Hangin' Aroun'


66 degrees on late Christmas afternoon in southern California.  Gals bicycling in shorts on the dedicated path for bikers and roller skaters and skateboarders along the beach (with the one for joggers, or strollers like me, right alongside it).  Some kids trying out their Christmas-present scooters and tricycles with training wheels.  A pelican resting on the water, before taking off again, on its cruise along the shoreline; looking for another meal.  On just another day for it…

…and I wonder if it’s the same pelican that I saw last year, about this same time, doing the same thing.  This same time of year, that is to say…

I began wondering early on in my ‘life’ what ‘it’ was all about.  Beyond just in and for itself only.  There had to be some meaning to ‘life’. Else, why bother???…

I have a pretty good handle on all that, now.  At least I think I do.  I of course won’t know for certain until I have been released from the Matrix, and have taken a look at it all from outside of it all.  ‘Life’ being an illusion, and all.  A hologram, apparently…

See, when you get to my age, you begin to look at it all from the outside.  From being so immersed in it that you can’t, don’t, look at it as if from outside the windows on the goings-on in the houses during the likes of Christmas morning.  Kids and parents, and 'families' in general - of a certain persuasion - opening their presents.  To appreciations and disappointments.  Preparation for life…

Life.  

To test us.

For

the real thing.

For which Coming I can hardly wait.

And, true, which state of readiness can color my feeling - my sense; my conviction - that it is just around the corner

for us all.  Because

it's that

Time.

The wrapping-up of a Cycle of Time.

Which is why I have chosen to incarnate at this time, and Time.  To help - give a hand in - 

The Process.


Merry Christmas.

Sort of.

No comments: