Thursday 19 April 2018

On Checking Our Premises - And Literally


Speaking, as I was in my last blog, of things like chips falling, and questions about if gravity is real or not…

from starshipearththebigpiciure.com: ‘Is QAnon Saying the Earth is Flat? Deplorable McAllister [video]’ - BP - April 18
(A gal who calls herself DM has done some research into the fact that one of the ‘Q’ sites (Q Crumbs) has posted a graphic on the Flat Earth theory, as if inviting research into the matter.  So she did.  Her conclusion: Same as mine.)

..
kibitzer3 says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation. 

Um…So I was asked by a friend – a very open-minded friend, I might add – to look into this matter. And I have. And though there are some very good arguments about the lack of visible curvature, I have yet to come across any Flat Earther having been able to answer a few questions.

One. I lived Down Under – oops; in Australia – for some years, and I can testify that the night sky down there – oops; there – is different from the night sky as seen from the Northern Hemisphere – oops; I mean, from…well, you know what I mean. There is some overlap, as would be ‘normal’; but there is a difference between Polaris/The Big Dipper and the Southern Cross being right overhead. Two. If the earth is flat, why is the North Pole so much colder/snowier than the area just outside of it? It is not higher than that area, like the Himalayas. Three. I have heard from a yachtsman that he calculates his direction by trigonometry, not geometry. There are a few more ‘arguments’ like that, but you get the idea: the Flat Earthers don’t have the whole story; if even any of it.

But I must say, that the lack of curvature in being able to see things from a very long distance away across the ocean is rather a stumbler Yes, there is the asserted business about e mirage, but that doesn’t hold up in all such examples. And yes, ‘the authorities’ HAVE lied to us, about a lot of things. So – let’s keep an open mind. As Pres. Reagan said:

‘Trust. But verify.’


And may we apply the same test to what the MSM - with its CIA input - tells us is going on in our world.  Take Syria.

Well; I’ll let all that geopolitical stuff go for now.  But you get the idea.

And need.


No comments: