Saturday 24 September 2016

A Harbinger Of The New


A Harbinger Of The New
            Or
     Just Another
  Failed Exercise
      In Utopian
      Dreaming


I  once lived in
A spiritual community
That changed its tone
Right underneath me.
And so I left.
But it was time to
Anyway.

       —

I didn’t go there
To be an employee
Of a business
Under contractual
           obligation
And guarantee.
        I went there
To be a member
Of a community.
              A very
          special
      community:
 one dedicated to
    the principle
            of
       Service - 
And more specifically,
’Service to Others’:
Serving the community
      because it was
Serving the planet
In helping to actually
Build The New

   - and running into
     the same old
                  stuff:
        money
 and its perennial
    perverting of 
       purpose.

              Yes,
          it was
        ever
      thus.
But I had hoped 
For more; a better
         outcome
       this time.

It may still happen.
   But not there.
       Rather,
  in the world
    at large.
And that is where
   it needs to
     anyway
     I realize -
     and like

      NOW

 with the end
   of the old
  staring us
  in the face - 
    in sight
    at long
      long
      last.

     Yes!

   Utopia
  this time
  because
  it’s Time.

No comments: