Friday 9 September 2016

Let Me Be Perfectly Clear - Well, Almost


Two things.  First: Somewhere in these pages I made reference to the time - taking a 'sabbatical' from the spiritual community in the north of Scotland where I lived for quite some time in my adult years - when I went back to the States to work for an NGO connected with the UN called Planetary Citizens.  I went there to give a hand with an international project that they were the Secretariat for (in a like-minded informal assembly of about 250 organizations) called 'The Planetary Initiative (For the World We Choose)', whose main theme was one beginning to take currency at that time, of 'Thinking Globally - Acting Locally'.  The purpose being to help raise consciousness, for us humans to take more awareness of, and responsibility for, the consequences of our actions; to the environment, and to ourselves, as a species, appearing well into being too busy fouling our nest to take proper notice of it.  We developed some study papers on various subjects, with the intention of seeding grassroots groups around the globe, for the citizens in their home countries to take the ball and run with it there, in the way of homegrown recycling projects, education projects about the deleterious effects of aerosol cans on the ozone layers, more awareness of the dangers of nuclear weaponry, etc. etc. etc.  We were NOT in the business of superseding nation states, and putting them under the umbrella of the UN itself.

The name 'Planetary Citizens' could possibly lend to that appearance.  But the purpose of that organization was to seed the consciousness of being citizens of the planet in addition to being (good) citizens of our home countries.   I say all this, because I am aware that some people have assumed the worst, and have figured that we were a stalking horse for the New World Order crowd to get a hook into citizens' movements around the globe.*  Now, I am no dummy, and I am open to the idea that some of the people involved in the Initiative were such people.  But I wanted to make it clear, here, that I was, and am, not one of them.  I am my own boss.

Which brings me to my second point.

I would like to do some such a thing as make an address to the American people, to wit:

'My Fellow Americans,

'"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted amongst Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that some governments on this planet are attempting to force The People to do what the state decrees them to do, on pain of incarceration or even death; that it is the right, it is the duty, of The People to throw off their chains of such servitude, and become free and independent individuals, sovereigns in their own right; and to tell such erstwhile People Controllers to keep their cockamamie HANDS OFF their rights as such."

'I think the American Declaration of Independence goes something like that.  It has been a while since I have had occasion to read it.  But now is certainly such a time.

'I mean to help get this nation back to its rule of law - to say, its Constitution.  What you individually choose to do then is your business.  As a spiritual being having a human experience.

'That is all.  That is enough, I should think.  To keep you well occupied.'

And out of such mischief as we are experiencing today.

--

* And if 'they' knew who was on the Board of the Planetary Initiative, they might well think so; for there sat a VP of a bank owned by David Rockefeller himself.  Who was apparently looking for any way that he could get a hook into citizens' movements for his own, malign, purposes, a la his attempt to 'buy a revolution' the previous decade in the student turmoil at Columbia University.  (See 'The Strawberry Statement' by James Kunen.)  But I assure one and all that he did not take over the PI 'movement'.  I know.  Because I was there.  And it became my responsibility to organize the grassroots groups around the globe affiliated with our project.  And an acolyte of David Rockefeller I wasn't.  Or am not to this day.  (I understand that he is still alive, at 101.
    101.  Starting over from scratch, eh, David old boy?  Learning anything new, by now??  About human dignity, and such???)


No comments: