Monday 10 November 2014

On Gratitude



  On Gratitude
  This Coming
 Thanksgiving
     And All
    Through
    The Year


I am grateful
For what
I have.
       I have
A bed
And a roof
           over
My head.
Some people
Don' t even
Have that
(or sufficient
       clothes
       to wear
Even).

And in 
Addition
I have
           food
In the fridge -
         in a
      fridge, 
          not
 to forget -
And money
To spare.
And health
Of course
Is wealth…
            Hey.
I am rich
Beyond
Measure
                  in
Comparison.
What more   
         could
A person
          ever
Want
Than their basic
Needs met
        especially
When so many
Don't even
Have that.

My needs
Are few.
My wants
Are many:
      I want
Everybody
to be free
From need.
        That 
       is all
I need
Really.

Which can
Be met
Because
There is
Purpose
        to
The universe
        and God
           is
Love
    and can fill
    our hearts
Aplenty.
                    Amen.

No comments: