Monday 24 August 2020

On Reading More, And Enjoying It Less


Sigh.........

It is not for me to come to the defense of the Founders of this country.  I am in spirit, if not in fact, one of them - they, who though men of their times, were also men for all time.

Let them rest in peace, with their inheritance intact.  And not be trashed by their lesser.


Nor is it my place to put down unduly the Christian religion, in which I am not a believer, for, as I take it, good reason.   That religion - as with the Founding Fathers of this nation - inculcates a spirit of caring for one's fellow man that has served me in this incarnation; especially now in my elder years thereof, in the form of the open heart of a niece of mine, who has taken me in to the bosom of her family, when I was in need of another roof over my head, potentially to spend my waning years here on this plane in a degree of comfort.

Never put down stops along
 
The Way.  

No comments: