Sunday 12 May 2019

On Taking A Break From It All


(An old friend from my spiritual community days, a Yank but living the good retired life in relationship in the south of the UK, is celebrating his 85th birthday today.  He asked me to send him some words of wisdom - “Long or short, serious or funny, it doesn’t matter. What matters to me is the contact with you.”  My response:)

'Live life as though it were a Tragedy, knowing all the while that it is a Farce.'

That's the best that I can come up with, just off the top of my (balding) head.

And it comes with All Good Wishes for you on this Special Day for you.  A good man yourself.[*}


Cheers from sunny Southern California

Your old friend (now why do I have to be reminded of that again)

Stan

😊


[*] I had sent him an email earlier in the/my evening talking about a mutual acquaintance from our past, whom I described as “a good man”.


No comments: