Friday 30 August 2019

How Much Longer


  How Much Longer

How much longer
Must I have to endure
Living in an atmosphere
Of wrongdoing, where
Two wrongs make a right
Apparently, to you,
                   the citizenry
Of my country?
                        I refer
            to the candidacy
Of Kamala Harris for
              the office of 
              the presidency
Even though she is not
Eligible for it, any more
Than Barack Obama was
For neither of them being
A ‘natural born’ citizen
Of this country.

I want to see
A return to the rule
                    of law
In this country.
And just as soon
As possible.
While we still
        have
        time.


P.S. Interestingly, in this context - the context of the inspiration for me to write this observation, and at this particular time:
     I have been sharing my studio apartment premises for a while now with a spider, of the Daddy Long Legs variety, who, for whatever reason(s), chose to set up shop just under my kitchen sink taps.  It was a little annoying; but it was, basically, alright with me.  Live and let live.  It wasn’t hurting me, and I wasn’t hurting it.  We were each just doing our thing, living in close proximity with each other was all.  Although it got disturbed whenever I turned on my taps, and crawled back out of the way under my window sill.  But those were the terms of the ‘agreement’ - our mutual living arrangement.  (Although I never figured out what was in it for the spider.  Its meager web never caught any flies, or anything.  Not that there are many of those around here even at the best of times.)
     But today I noticed that it had packed up its web and left.
     I hope that it is a sign.

No comments: