Wednesday 10 April 2019

The First Step


‘Joe…Joe.’

Hmm!?  What??’

‘’Wake up.’

‘Mm.’

‘You missed it.’

‘Missed what.’

‘A beautiful babe just took off all her clothes on camera.  Full frontal.’

‘What?!’

‘Just kidding.  It was a report on a little kid who felt that he had been an Air Force pilot in the Second World War, in the Pacific, and had been shot down, and killed.  Remembered being killed.  And the next thing he knew, he was this little kid.  He had the name of his plane, and his current love of baseball, and everything.  And it all proved out to be true.   And it has left me thinking.’

‘About what.’

‘Now don’t get me wrong.  I love you and the kids.  But there appears to be more to life than just - this.  Something is going on behind the scenes.’

‘Well, that’s why there’s religions.  But methinks there is a lot of crutch-leaning going on there, if you git my drift.’

‘I ‘git’ it.  And maybe so.  But this - reincarnation stuff is, kind of, proof.  Well; more than ‘kind of’.  It would appear to be the real thing.  So to speak.’

’So.  What now.’

‘I don’t know.  All I know, is what I came to feel, while you were asleep.’

‘What’s that.’

‘That I want off the wheel.  It’s like being a guinea pig; just going around and around on its exercise wheel.  I want off.’

How are you going to do that.’

‘I don’t know…

‘But I think that I have just taken the first step.’

No comments: