Thursday 5 March 2020

We Are ALL The Chosen People...

Or We Wouldn’t Be Here Now

At the dining table having my breakfast this morning (alone; I get up later than most of the others in the household)(1) I noticed a book that one of the teenage twins had checked out from their high school library, and apparently was reading for an English class assignment.   Glancing through it - with the picture on the cover of a white arm and a black arm holding hands - I found that It was part documentary and part fiction, about miscegenation in the South in the Fifties and Sixties.  It brought me to mind of a question that the head of this household - oops; with a bow, or at least a nod of the head, towards the feminists, and PC Nazis of our day, let me alter that comment and say instead ‘that the male half of the head of this household’ had asked me at the dinner table some nights ago; to wit:

“Have you ever known a racist?”

I had to stop and think, all the way back to my high school and junior high school days.  Having spent the better half of my adult life living first in an international spiritual community - where the question of ‘race’ wasn’t a factor(2) - and as well, for nearly eight years, living in Australia in a relationship with what can be called a ‘half-breed’ (or ‘Eurasian’; a lovely woman of half Dutch descent from her mother and half Sinhalese descent (Sri Lankan) from her father), that issue was never much in my life.(3)  I explained to him (and the others who happened to be at the dinner table that particular evening) that, personally, I had gone to a high school where there were a lot of blacks, and we played basketball with each other on the team, and ran track with each other, and got along well doing it, and that was it, as far as I ever knew.(4)

I then asked him why the question; and he thought for a moment - as his his wont - and then replied, in his quiet way, that one of his sisters (he comes from a very large family) had ended up marrying a black man, and both of them continually accuse him, and the rest of his siblings, of being ‘racist’.  I replied: “Because…”  He smiled at me, and shrugged.   And that was the end of that (potential) discussion, at that point.  But the subject has come up again, recently, when he asked me, in that same setting, more specifically:

“Are you a racist?”  

I replied, with a bit of a smile, that “it depends on your definition”.  Explaining that, for example, I knew that for some people (involved as ’activists’ in the ’class warfare’ going on in the country, as the NWO crowd, consisting mostly of Marxists, attempt to break down the white Christian majoritarian culture in the country by using (sincere but naive) blacks and Hispanics (mostly) as cannon fodder to their cause) they considered one as being ‘racist’ even if you simply believed that there were differences between the races; giving as an example how it was obvious that blacks were better, on average, in such as Olympic sprints than other races, and given the makeup of the likes of the NBA and the NFL.  I also mentioned that I had read of one study about IQ where Orientals scored better, on average, than whites. 

I didn’t get into a more detailed discussion on my ‘take’ on such things, because it didn’t feel appropriate to do so in that short setting.  But herein I would like to clarify my feelings on the matter.  And as triggered by the book that one of the twins is reading, for her English class.

I happen to feel that, given ‘the natural fact of reincarnation and its attendant law of karma,’ there are (spiritual) reasons that we are born into certain races or religions or nationalities, which have to do with our education, as ‘spiritual beings having a human experience’.  That there are certain lessons that we are to learn in each ‘gestalt’.  (And that we chose those particular categories to be born into.  Including our specific family orientations.(5)  So that we have experienced incarnations in all the races and religions and nationalities.  And including, apparently, incarnation on other planets, and in those ‘races,’ other than the human race itself.)  And thus, I am not particularly ‘drawn’ to people of different races cohabiting with each other, and thus having children of mixed races - so that the children would have difficulty, including even unto potential suicide, in figuring out which race they ‘belong’ to, grow up in cultural relation to.

Now, you can say, ‘But you got involved in a mixed-race committed relationship’.  But I am actually not sure if I would have if the relationship would have involved our having children; feeing such angst, as I do, for such children, in their thus-made particularly difficult passage through life.

But then, we do - in my belief system, and to the best of my research into such matters - choose our incarnations……

…and ’at the end of the day’ we all chose to incarnate at this time -

this time of Completion.

And that would include all those souls who chose a particularly hard path in life to follow.  

To end their journey in this realm on.  For the extra ‘boost’ it would give them.  As we start, now, on

a higher turn of the spiral.

Meaning: a higher frequency of expression.  Shifting into our next higher dimensional expression.

So: Who am I to judge.

Anybody.

On their life decisions.

Only The One knows all of our hearts.

As we - 

or at least, most of us - 

draw closer to

The One.

On the next leg of our journey

Home

again.                     


footnotes:

(1) Sometimes my niece’s husband’s eldest son - who is living in the household temporarily, while he works as a uber driver, to support his family back home in Nebraska, and as a budding entrepreneur, trying to get a business off the ground having to do with an electronic service to people in arranging their bank budgets - gets up a touch later than me; and also my niece’s youngest son, who, in going to school about forty minutes’ drive away and working there as well, often gets home late and leaves early, and so is a member of the household mostly, these days, in name only, whom I meet in passing occasionally in the kitchen.  And ask about how his schooling is going.  Another story.  But this all, to clarify the situation in this household, and my relation to it, as a bit of an outsider.  In more ways than one.
   But to continue.  (But which concluding comment to this footnote will become clear as we go along.)

(2) We had members of most races and nationalities living there, or as guests of the Community.  At one somewhat early point in my time there - it was around the late Seventies time period - someone in the community’s management levels checked out the facts, and reported that we had ‘representatives’ of about 20 different nations as members.  I don’t recall if the ‘races’ category of our membership was actually checked.  I can say that the membership was - of course, given the Community’s location - mostly Caucasian, but not exclusively.  We always had a number of Orientals there as guests and members - and especially after an elderly Japanese man had come as a guest, and credited the Community, in a book on the matter, with curing him of his cancer.  That book caused a veritable tsunami of Japanese to start coming, especially as groups (organized by Japanese guests who went back and advertised in their country about the ‘positive’ aspects of the community).
   We never had many blacks, either as members or guests.  Nothing to do with discrimination; we even offered scholarships specifically for blacks from African nations to come, either as simple guests or for the various Conferences that we held regularly.  But our community was simply not a part of the  socio-political focus of members of the black race in those days.  
   Having been away from the community for the last eight years, I can’t speak to the matter in these days. 

(3) Although, in all honesty, I will report that one day in that relationship my then wife accused me of being a ‘racist’.  I was stunned at the accusation.  AllI had done to trigger it was to say, in a dinner conversation with her and her son and his (Caucasian) wife, that it was obvious that the (Caucasian) Dutch had brought a level of civilization to Africa that hadn’t been there before, amongst the (warring) African tribes, and that it was silly for black Africans in our day to hold that ‘gift’ against the Afrikaners, to the point of now starting to take away their ancestors’ farms, and such (including even killing said farmers and their families).  My immediate response to her was to comment: “Right.  That’s why I married you.”
   If I had thought about it, I might have added the comment that Cassius Clay made once, on camera, upon having visited Africa on the occasion of his heavyweight championship Rumble In The Jungle, and seeing how the native Africans were living, and consequently telling the interviewer that ‘I git down on my knees every day and give thanks to my great grand-daddy for gittin’ on that boat’.
   In how many countries have native Africans had such opportunity as afforded them in life in the U.S.?  Yes, slavery was a part of the history of this nation.  And it was dealt with, in the passage of time.  And would have been better dealt with without a Civil War.  Or laws imposed on the people from ‘on high’.  In the daily life and unfolding of consciousness amongst The People.  As they drew closer to the awareness that We Are All One, in a natural unfolding of that awareness.
   But not to get ahead in the telling of this blog’s story.

(4) Now, in hindsight, one could ask, ‘But did you ever have anything to do with each other socially?’  And that would be another matter.  But it didn’t come up in said conversation.
   If it had, I would have replied that no, that was true, that we ‘races’ kept pretty much to ourselves socially, but that, as far as I was concerned, that had more to do with similar interests culturally than anything else.  That for example, the kind of music that ‘blacks’ listened to was of no interest to me, and even offended me, in its raucous noise to my ears.  This was the heyday of ‘the big band’ sound  - of the likes of Glenn Miller and Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey and Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw and ‘Les Brown And His Band Of Renown’ and such - and I really liked that sound.  To listen to, and to dance to.  And so did all of my social friends.  That high school factor was, simply, a cultural artifact, as far as I was concerned.  Live and let live.  To each his own.  We ‘whites’ had our social and cultural likes, and ‘they’ had theirs.  End of story.  Although, as things have turned out, it hasn’t been the end, of that one.  We have had more - much more - to deal with, along those lines.
   But to continue.  Here.  For now.     

(5) The Mormons, like most Christians, believe in a single incarnation (as ‘saved’ or ‘not saved’ by believing in Jesus as The Christ, who ’died for our sins’), and that we will not only meet on the Other Side the members of our terrestrial family as they had incarnated in this realm (of Duality), but can be sealed to them ‘for time and all eternity’.  But that belief doesn’t make sense in the face of all of the evidence for the reality of reincarnation.  And  thus, that ‘life is a school’ (and that ‘the point is to graduate’), and we couldn’t possibly evolve in consciousness enough in one lifetime in a Dualistic setting - of free will, and a degree of Separation from our Godly Beingness - to fulfill our potential along that line of our heritage and inheritance, i.e., of being a god in our own right (as facets, fractals, aspects, points of view, expressions of our Creator Source).
   And on this note, to note that there were other ’savior gods’ in humanity’s past, who preceded the purported ‘Messiah god’ by even centuries.  So, that was not a unique designation in our history on this planet.  But…as I say often in these pages……

No comments: