Tuesday 6 November 2018

On Prayers And Meditations...


            On Prayers
                  And
            Meditations
                  And
            Being Here
                  Now

              I listen for
         The answers to
            my prayers.
              The main
                  one:

           ‘I desire earnestly
                Only to do
     What Thou wouldst have
                   me do;
      That Thy will and mine
Might become fused into One.’

               Followed by:

                 ‘Help me 
                 Help Man 
              Help himself.’

   There are others.  But this
                is the main
                    one.
           And I have been
                   at ‘it’
               for a very
                   long
                   rime
          as these human
                  things 
                    go.

               But I see
             the answer
           coming clear
                  now
        as through a mist
                 dimly

                 lifting
                  slow
              bur sure

                as we
             approach
                  our

                dead

                 line

            and enter
                 into
              a New
               Order
                 of 
             Things.

                Hoo

                 ray.

                  At 
                long
                 last.

        As these human
               things
                 go,
                 as

                  I

                say.

No comments: