Saturday 14 September 2019

The Big Change

       Subtitled:
On The Other Side


(Synopsis form.  Complete Session in Archives, Book One, Vol. XIX, Sect. 212.)


‘’Sir…’

‘Hmm.o

‘May we interrupt you for a short session, Sir?’

‘Sure.  That’s why I come out here to get some reading in in the sun.  Well; that, too.  But to make myself available to the younger generation, for a few questions at a time, on The Old Days.’

‘Thank you, Sir.  We appreciate it.’

‘No problem.  What would you lot like to talk about, this time?’

‘We were wondering what it was like right at - you know - The End, of The Old Way.’

‘Yes.  And quite a time that was, let me tell you.  Which I will.  Since you asked.’  

(Chuckles around)  

‘Well.  Where to begin.  

‘You know from your history books that there were two political parties at that time here, the Democrats and the Republicans…’     

(See Archives for the detailed record of this Session)

‘And that’s the way things were - and it was quite the standoff, let me tell you - when The Big Change came through.’

‘Which was…’

‘The change in the way that we shared goods and services with one another.  The end of the old system, of what was known, basically, as ‘fiat money,’ and a monetary concept called ‘interest,’ and all that dry ‘Economics’ stuff, and the beginning of The  Age of Abundance.  Which you are still living in.  

‘But on all that, another time, perhaps.  Now, you’ll have to excuse an old man.  I don’t have quite the ‘staying power’ that I used to.have, for these sorts of sessions.’

(Many responses) ’Thank you, Sir.’

‘You’re welcome.  Any time.’

‘…Sir?’

‘Mmm.’

‘One lsat question, for now: Why are you still here?  If you don’t mind…’

‘No, that’s fine.  Why am I still here?  Some would say that it is because I lost my way Out.’

(Chuckles around)

‘But I’ll tell you straight, son.  Some of us have chosen to be, like, shepherds.  To help see the last of you lot through the Ring Pass Not.  And then, we will join you

on the other side.’

No comments: