Friday 13 July 2012

From Being to Doing

I have realized that an email that I sent today to a former acquaintance at the spiritual community where I lived a large chunk of my life could be a good example of moving from 'being' in one's life to 'doing'.  I'll copy it here, and then make further comment on the subject.

My opening reference is to the fact that I left the community abruptly in mid-April of this year, feeling that my time there, and being relatively 'quiet' about things going on in life, was up; for the following reasons:



My reasons for leaving were 2-fold.  (1) I was getting concerned about the increasing 'business' attitude/side of the FF [that's the Findhorn Foundation] - that we FF members/'co-workers' were beginning to be looked at (& looking at themselves) simply as 'employees' of a business - and the corresponding lessening of the 'service' side: giving our services to the FF out of an attitude of it being, in effect, a spiritual practice, in & to/for what was at its core a spiritual community; not being there working for 'pay', or a 'wage'.  The  FF allowance - i.e. traditionally whatever the FF could reasonably afford to contribute towards the wellbeing of its members at any given time - was beginning to be looked at, by both the Mgt and the body, as 'pay', for services rendered.*  That attitude - of a 'job' - was not what brought me to the FF, and couldn't keep me there. Something important was being lost in the move towards personal 'sustainability'. (We were never there, in the 'old days', for sustainability issues; except as living in greater harmony with Gaia, i.e., the 'eco' sustainability issues.)  But 

(2) It was, simply, time for me to leave anyway, 'on the inner'.  I was spending more and more of my time keeping an eye on the larger picture - mostly via the Internet; some via the daily papers.  But their take on things is, really, a limited one.  What is right in front of you - in your face -  is important, yes.  But what is really important is the context.  And the context is changing before our inner eyes, if not quite as easily seen with our outer ones, just yet.

So, I needed to start a new chapter in my life.  Something drew me back to my old home town, in Southern California.  Besides the fact that it would be a nice, warm place to live.  :-)   And I think I have just recently found one of the (other) reasons why I located back here.  It's a bit of a story; but briefly: 

I have been following a number of web sites/e-newsletters of a 'spiritual' nature, where the people are into channellings - from both 'the galactics' and 'the celestials' -  etc etc.  One of those sites turned out to be of a woman, in Arizona, who is sponsoring a major Gathering in Hawaii in August.  Her name is Patricia Diane Cota-Robles (eraofpeace.org), and the gathering is the 26th Annual World Congress on Illumination; for 'lightworkers'.  Well, I certainly consider myself one of those; and long story short, I will be going to it.  And it's just a hop, step and a jump from here.  Within my current reach, geographically, and - just - financially.  (I shall be eating beans for months; but it will be worth it.  I feel it, in my bones.)  

She runs a nonprofit called the 'New Age Study of Humanity's Purpose', out of Tucson, Arizona.  You might find the link interesting.

Anyway: that's what I'm up to.  When I'm not doing a lot of reading also (mostly of a 'spiritual' nature, but also just some light reading, for balance.  Or should that be 'ballast'...); and often doing some of that down at the beach, which is just a block away.  I'm living just beyond the high rent district, in a small flat, that serves me just fine.  I am feeling very blessed, in/at this stage of my life.  (I worked long enough in the 'real' world before going to the FF that I have the U.S. pension.)  Living at the FF for the greater part of my life was  a blessing, too.  So I have no basic complaints. 

do worry about the FF.  But as I said to the community, on the [internal email system feature] News & Views link before I left (after explaining briefly why I was going): "It needs to experience what it needs to experience."  I hope it comes to its senses, and doesn't lose totally its spiritual roots, in the loam of Service.  But what will be, will be.

And this has turned out to 'be' more than I intended it to be.  But you asked...  :-)

Good luck with your life - and with the 50th Anniversary book project.  That was a great idea; I'm glad to hear that it's continuing to unfold.  It's such an important anniversary.  For looking back; and forward.


Got my fingers crossed for the community.


xx  Stan                 


* Which is part of the old paradigm/mentality, now needing to be released, for the new paradigm to enter into our Earth experience.  The New Age; the Great Turning; the Golden Age: whatever one wants to call this era, this time, now upon us, wherein we share our goods & services with one another - and give of our best in the process - out of a different motive than the age-old (and old age) one of profit.  Out of the highest motive there is, and could ever be: out of gratitude to our Creator for life with meaning.  And when we move to that level of consciousness - which is upon us to do - we no longer think in terms of working 'for the money'; for 'pay'.  Let me turn that statement around: WHEN we no longer think in terms of working 'for the money' - no longer live our lives by that mentality, rather than purely out of a sense of Service to humanity - we move into the New Age.  The one comes before the other.  Creates the space for it to land.  Which is, essentially, a moneyless system of living.  We will need a credit system for awhile - like a local LETS system, only writ large, one for the whole world - but once we get 'the hang of things' - enter into the fulness of the New Era - we will be able to manifest at will.  
     That stage of development comes with the Ascension, to 5th dimension consciousness. But before then, we will start living with such as free energy devices; which will bring about the revolution in our social form/system.  Which is - as I say; and feel - upon us, as we speak.   
---

To clarify the reference to "the 50th Anniversary book project":  the Findhorn Foundation spiritual community had its beginnings in mid-November 1962, when the 3 founders (& 3 small boys of 2 of them) of what became the world-renowned Findhorn Community moved their caravan to the Findhorn Bay Caravan Park on the shores of the Findhorn Bay off of the Moray Firth in the north of Scotland, after having lost their jobs managing a 4-star hotel in the nearby town of Forres, and wondering what God had in store for them next, as their spiritual practice was to do deep listening, to the 'still small voice within'.  What was in store for them next was, first of all, simply to continue to do their deep-listening spiritual practice, which then led them to connect with Nature in a major, co-creative way, which then led them further into their work: the founding of a spiritual community of likeminded people, that then, over the years, morphed into a thriving community-cum-workshop centre (on spiritual & personal development themes).  It is now also known as an eco-village, with many people having moved there to live an eco-oriented lifestyle.  Part of the celebration of this epochal event (most communities don't last this long) was to come up with a book of pictures and articles celebrating the 50 years of its existence.  The subject came up here because I had contributed a couple of articles to that project before I left - having lived in the community through many a change since I joined it, at the beginning of 1976 - and the recipient of my email was one of the editors of that book, and thanked me for my contributions to it.


I post this, because it is my sense - and that of many others - that we are on the verge of a major change in life, and it is time to start 'activating the presence'.  That is what I came back to my old home town to do.  In whatever way that would work out.  Just doing my inner listening; and then acting on it.

Precisely like the founders of the spiritual community that gave me such a compatible place to live over this major stage of my life.  Until my real work began.
Starting now.


---



P.S.  And as an example of my - offered - action; consider this statement of intention of mine to a blog 
this date on world net daily titled 'Supremes Asked: Who Is a 'Natural Born Citizen'?':


kibitzer3
It's all actually very simple.  The letter by John Jay (who was to become the first Chief Justice of the new U.S. Supreme Court) to George Washington, at the Continental Congress, encouraging him to make sure that the Constitution required the president to have no dual loyalties - i.e., be a 'natural born citizen', as opposed to any other kind - should be read in evidence to the Supreme Court, in the context of the lack of any constitutional amendment to the contrary.  End of story; with a lot of military men - retired and active; all of whom have sworn an oath of allegiance to the Constitution - in the audience.  And if the Supreme Court does not abide by the law of the land, that is the signal that they have become a rogue operation, and their declarations are to be ignored; an action to be taken along with the dissolving of Congress, for being accessories to and after the fact of this crime against the law of the land, and an Officer of The People appointed (under Art. II, Sect. 1), to hold the executive branch seat while said person calls for new elections within a time certain, and in the meantime, cleans out the Augean stables of the executive branch of government of all those appointees who don't pass the smell of corruption test.
Oh - and the current occupier of the office of the presidency; aka the Usurper?  He is to vacate the office, under the pressure of The People, Assembled; having come together, in nonviolent civil disobedience, outside of his window, until he vacates the office, and awaits his day in (a cleansed) court, along with all the members of the Congress, for having failed to act on this illegal insult to the Constitution/the law of the land.  Some of them may pass the smell test,and be returned to Congress by their constituents, in that 'time certain' window.  But no one - I repeat: no one is, or should be, above the law.
And if The People allow anyone to so be, then they have signed the death warrant of the American Republic.  And very possibly, their own.    

No comments: