Monday 18 March 2019

Further On Definitions


Speaking of 'definitions,' as I was in my last blog:

Many years ago, when I was seeing signs of a takeover of this country in progress, slow but sure; one careful step at a time - very Fabian Society oriented - I started going to a meeting of Tax Resister patriots, to check out their materials and activities.  The former was quite an eye-opener.  There it was: images of our currency, and how the wording on it had changed over the years.  Until we had then come to the point of Pres. Nixon taking the country off of the 'gold standard' en toto.  There it was: Our currency used to say on it the likes of 'redeemable in silver' - aka silver certificates, I believe.  And then it had come to the point of 'saying' that it was redeemable only in itself.  A Federal Reserve Note.

There was only one problem with our erstwhile masters''s legerdemain.

There was/is a legal definition of a dollar.  Which involves a certain amount of silver (or gold).

Then, I joined forces with these patriots, and started setting up my desired case in court by stamping my paychecks with a notation declaring that I had not been paid in U.S. dollars and referencing the pertinent statute.  The point being to indicate that I was perfectly willing to do such things as pay my taxes - when I was paid properly.*

I never got my 'day in court,' because 'fate' intervened, and I went off to Scotland to join a spiritual community.  Where I lived for the bulk of my adult life; until returning a few years ago to my home country, and hometown, even, to see out my retirement years.

And to see such forms of justice take place as are about to.

In many different areas of life.

But in particular, in regards to the monetary and financial system under which we have labored.

For our erstwhile masters.

For long enough.

--

* An allied tactic was submitting a - legal - form to have my employer not deduct my income tax automatically, that I would deal directly with the IRS Office in that regard.

No comments: