Thursday 21 March 2019

Reporting For Duty


    Reporting For Duty

I Am the master of my fate,
I AM the captain of my soul.
That having been said
     and acknowledged:
I go further now
And declare, as such:
I AM the Captain of this ship
And I Will take over 
            NOW.

And I will do it from the helm
Of the flagship of the fleet
Of nation-states
Sailing these new seas,
   the United States
       of America.
And one of my first commands
               will be 
To return this nation
To its former glory
Under its rule of law:
     its Constitution
By declaring null and void
The unconstitutional reign
Of its Usurper.  For,
One of the eligibility requirements
For the office of its presidency -
And that august office only 
Amongst its federal offices - 
Is to have been born
“In the country, of parents
Who are citizens” thereof.
And the man who took the name
Of Barack Hussein Obama
         in his adulthood
Did not qualify for the office -
By his own admission
On that basis.  
And that eligibility requirement
For that particular office
Even after all these years
Still stands, absent 
A constitutional amendment
To the contrary.  
No legalistic legerdemain
Or any other device
               will suffice
To do that job
On such a substantive aspect
Of the contract.
That requirement
              stands
As written.

And I stand
As assigned.

    Ready 
   for duty.

As always.

And I get now
That he was at service too.
             So that I 
Would come forward, duly
           awakened
In reaction, and claim
               my
           rightful
             place
                         here
            at the
           end of
        The Play

 and the beginning
             of
        the real
           thing.

No comments: