Friday 14 June 2019

If You Don't Know...


If You Don’t Know What The Cloward-Piven Strategy Is…

…you need to go live on a desert island, for all the good that you are doing as a citizen of this country.  Whose fundamental job it is to be a self-determining member of the collective.  And how can you be properly self-determining if you don’t know what’s going on???

As barbarians prepare to take over your country.

But then.  But then…

…who am I to talk.  

Many years ago, when I left university before graduating to go out into the world looking for capital-t Truth, I initially got a job in the L.A. area at a hospital as an OR Orderly.  That stands for Operating Room Orderly.*  My job, besides cleaning the operating rooms after their use, was to pick up the patients from the wards and deliver them (remember that phrase; it will come in handy later) to their assigned surgical theatre, leaving them on their gurneys outside, running various errands during surgeries, and taking the patients down to the post-op Recovery Unit afterwards, plus assorted other little jobs.  We didn’t as a rule know what the patients were ‘in’ for; that was none of our business.  That said: I noticed, after a short while on the job (I didn’t stay there very long, ready to move on in my life to find, as I said,”capital-t Trut”) , that the hospital did an awful lot of (seemed to specialize in??) what was designated as ‘D&C’ procedures.  I never knew what that meant, precisely, nor was I ever assigned to taking a patient for that procedure, or entering the theatre during the operation, delivering requested items or such.  That job always seemed to fall to one of our team in particular, an older guy than the rest of us, and who had been there for quite some time.  As I recall, I got curious enough once to ask him what the term meant.  He said it was “a female procedure,” and let it go at that.  Okay.  None of my business, really.  It was only years later that I found out that the term stood for ‘Dilation & Curettage’.  Dilating the cervix and cleaning out the uterus.  Of its contents.  Which could be polyps.  Or other growths.

Medically put: “Pregnancy tissue or abnormal tissue”.

This, recall, was c. mid-‘50s America.  More precisely, L.A. America.

Los Angeles America.  How ironic is that.

So, my apologies if I came across a bit strongly on the judgmental side.  He who points a finger at others, etc..


P.S. And I note that my other blog today, of very early in the morning, dealt with the idea, with specific reference, that

“Life itself is a temple.”

Seems fitting.

As the barbarians are not only gathered outside of the gates.

But are well within them.

And have been well within them for a very long time.  

Let alone the current batch.

Who include, as well, the 17-year-old patient of a former abortionist who, according to his article in the May issue of Whistleblower magazine just out, "presented requesting her fifth abortion. She unequivocally stated that she wanted the abortion so she would not be pregnant for her senior prom."

He went on to point out that, under the current federal law, "I could have justified that abortion to promote her social health."

And OUR "social health"??

What state is that in????


* Having been a pre-Med at university - and going so far in the process as to have been accepted into Stanford’s Medical School starting the following school year - I thought a job in a hospital would be a fitting one for my post-school start in life; and a doctor acquaintance recommended that I apply for an OR Orderly job, rather than as a regular Ward Orderly, for its being a cleaner job for not involving bedpans and such.

No comments: