Tuesday 24 December 2013

On The Beach


   On The Beach   

Down to the water
On December 24th
In the northern hemisphere. 
                    Shirt off
Too, no less
In the warmth of the sun
                         heading
For a longer setting now
Than yesterday, and
The day before that.

                          What
Am I doing here
                      musing
On the water's edge…

My intention
Is to send healing energy
To the Pacific Ocean
       since the outrage
Of Fukushima
                     mostly
A man-made disaster
                         and in
More ways than one.
That is my intention
Anyway.  

Whatever happens
    the truth is
    I am grateful
For my life
     of ease
At this time in it.
                     Plenty
Of food to eat.  A roof
Over my head.
                    What more
Does one need
To live a life of gratitude
On God's green Earth
And blue. 
    What is it worth
To you??

--

Some pelicans, resting 
On the water
Before cruising, eagle-eyed, 
                 for
Their dinner…
                          some kids
Playing catch
With a football
Before theirs
This Christmas Eve…

,,,and I wrap up
        my time
On this beach
         and head
         for home -
         my home
Away from Home
That is.


Merry Christmas.
               Before 
Our kingdom come.

No comments: