Saturday 3 March 2018

On The Fine Details - II


On Contemplating A Flower

I was contemplating a flower
The other day, marveling at
                        its artful
Symmetry; 
               and one thing led
To another, as these things
                      often will,
And I found myself contemplating further,
                                    not
Whether the chicken or the egg came first, 
                                    but
What came before
The Prime Creator
From which It all
Sprang?  I mean,
Surely, a Grand Intelligence
Is behind it all.  But from whence
Did It come???

I shall not rest
            until
      I find
         the last 
         and best
     answer
               of all.

      As a Creator myself, 
               contemplating
         a flower
        into being
      on my own.
        
      Just
      doing
            it.

    Like a crop circle,
                 springing
           into being
          seemingly
          on its own.
           
               Surely
             not.

          Well then,
           what?

           And even
           more
           importantly:


        Why.

No comments: