Sunday 15 June 2014

I Am Not A Violent Man. But


I AM NOT A VIOLENT MAN…
          BY NATURE


I am not a violent man
By nature.  But 
Don't mess with me
                           or
I might revert
To an old form.

Something in me
                 tells me
                 that
I have commanded men
In battle before
And won.

               (Think
Of Alexander
Of Macedon.
Of MacArthur.
Of Patton.
Or Charlemagne
Even.  That
Is my norm.)

If I have done it once
I can do it again
          and again
                  until
I lay down my armor
              forever.

I thought I had done so.

It is for me
To know
In the moment
And you
Dear opponent
To wonder.

It is in me
At the very least
     you see
     because
I am One
With it All.

And so
Are you
If you will own up to it
                    and relate
To your highest potential
As well.  

      And that is
All
For the moment.

Except to clarify
                    that
I am not a violent man.
                     But
You can count on me
             in a fight
To the finish of it all.
                             All
Of the Illusion
That we have been inhabiting
And experiencing in
Long enough;
                          now
To find our way Home
Again.
             To say:
Permanently.


No comments: