Saturday 1 September 2012

An Open Letter To the One Who Calls Himself BHO

September 1, 2012


To the One Who Calls Himself Barack Hussein Obama:

First of all, I ask forgiveness from all those people whom I have hurt in any way in my life.  I have not been perfect in my passage through this place - what has often been called this 'vale of tears'.

I ask forgiveness, too, of all the unnecessary hurt that I have caused to the other kingdoms of life as well - of our mutual God's Creation - especially those that could feel pain the most, i.e., of the animal, bird and insect kingdoms.  I have done some pretty stupid things in my life, for which I apologize.

I can remember, in particular, taking my BB gun out one day, and firing it at random inanimate objects, fence posts and such; and then, returning home, and about to enter my back yard, I saw a solitary sparrow on a telephone line, and I took a shot at it.  I was stunned to see that I had actually hit it, when it fell silently to the ground just ahead of me.  I was horrified at what I had done; and, picking up the poor, obviously dead bird - I listened for its heart beat, to make sure it was not just stunned; like I was - I took it with me into my back yard, where, wondering what to do with it - to honor it somehow - I dug a hole, near the roots of a small, struggling peach tree, and laid it in there, wrapping it in a torn-off piece of old newspaper, and planted a small American flag as its grave marker.

I like to think that I said a prayer for it.  I know I felt remorse for what I had done.

And I would like to think that the man who at this time in life calls himself Barack Hussein Obama feels at least some remorse for what he has done, to the American people, in conniving his way into the office of the presidency of the United States of America.  With the assistance of a number of other people, most assuredly.  But I ask of him in particular for some indication of remorse for what he has done in this regard.  Remorse; and a request for forgiveness, especially from some categories of Americans in particular.  I think especially of our fellow citizens, black Americans, who were so proud when 'one of theirs' made it all the way to the office of the president of the United States, only to have to find themselves now so cheated of their pride; and I think especially of all those Americans, of all races and religions and former nationalities who gave their lives for their melting-pot of a country, this world in miniature - and of those, in the beginning of this noble experiment in self-governance, who pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor on its behalf: that government of, by, and for The People hopefully would not perish from the Earth, to paraphrase the words of a president further down the honorable line from its beginning.

This president, in our time, has sullied the memory of many good men and true, who have held high the flag of this country in its passage through history, in that singular position of its leadership.  And yes, some who did not honor the office so well.  But none of them ever sullied it to the extent that this one has; who lied his way into the office, and has been lying in it ever since, with coverup after coverup after coverup of his background.

With, as I say, and acknowledge, the assistance of a considerable number of other people along the way, and from both sides of the political aisle.  But The Buck Stops at one place, and one place only, regarding the presidency of the United States.

So, I call on the man who is calling himself, at this time in his life, Barack Hussein Obama, to confess to his various crimes - crimes of commission and omission - apologize to the American people for what he has done, and ask them for their forgiveness.

And I hope that the American people will extend it to him.  For heaven knows, we have all made mistakes.  Though not nearly as big as this one; and with such ramifications, extending not only into the lives of the people in this country.  But deep into the world as well.

May the healing from this injury to the body politic of this country go out and encompass the whole world as well; for a new beginning for us all to take place.  A beginning that encompasses the better angels of our natures.  Not our worst.


Respectfully submitted


Duane 'Stan' Stanfield

killer  of a sparrow
but not of a dream







No comments: