Tuesday 1 July 2014

Looking Back


LOOKING BACK

When 'I' made
Some unconscious shots
And moves
While playing basketball
In school
                   that
Was our God at work
And play,
         enjoying Itself
In a lower grade.
And I was happy
To host It
For Us All
            since
All Is One
    anyway.

As for the rest
Of my life -
     all the pain
And the strife -
I take responsibility
For that part.
After all, it was
While I was
In school.

   And now that
The separate 'I' in me
Is no longer -
Its day in the sun
         done with -
I can look back
And see
The whole picture
And give thanks
For it all.
For, after all
Is said and done
             not only
Are We All One
               but We
Sparks of and in the Sun
Are growing
By it all.

Shooting hoops with God
In Us -
Who would have thought it
On their own.
                       A shot
Here and there, and -
                 whammo -
A direct connection
With It all…


What do I actually know?:
That there is a God
In higher realms
Than this one;
                 and that we
Are learning lessons
On our way back there -
        that is to say
To get back there
                 to Unity.
                  The rest
Is merely conjecture
On my part,
                   and that
Of others.

And so it is:
                a dream
Within a dream.
With no ending
            in sight
                  but
A Purpose
For It All.

Like
To shoot hoops
        and do it
Perfectly.


No comments: