Friday 11 July 2014

The Parts We Play


Further on
THE PARTS WE PLAY


Arriving back home after a week away in Utah for a Family Reunion event,1 and after purchasing a bottle of aloe vera gel for the serious sunburn that I acquired as one of the consequences of that decision and activity, and after picking up my Held mail at the Post Office, I started the wade-through of that considerable pile.2  One 'early' one was from a conservative Republican running for Congress in Florida against a favored Democrat incumbent, who needed to hear back from me "in the next 3 days" as he and his team mapped out their campaign strategy for their race to the finish line.  Alas, those three days have long since passed.  But I am aware that, rather than spend the time wondering if I should still contribute to his 'worthy cause,'3 it feels as though it's time for a change in game plan of my own.   

I have been quietly in the background in my return to the States, contributing to various causes on the Right in this key election year - House and  Senate races, groups advocating this that 'n the other from a conservative perspective.4  Now - in part because of events that happened to me during my personal Family Reunion - it feels as though I need to get out in front, and lead the way into our Next Steps - for America, and for the world as a whole.  

As to those "events".  One was the aforementioned sunburn, that 'got' me mostly on my face and chest.5  Here, I'm going to get into some symbolism.6  First, my 'fiery' face (it was really of that degree; an extant photo proving it).  Next:  my - very - red chest; not only symbolizing (for me, at the least; my subconscious speaking to me) my Indian 'blood' starting to be activated, to come through ('bleeding' through onto and into our stage of operations).  But - as I move now out in front - acting as a red shield leading the way, into the New - moneyless - Era; taking the place of the Rothschild that neatly symbolizes the past era regarding 'money'.7  

That 'one' really got my attention; as we now pass from under that 'spell' - of interest-bearing money and fractional-reserve banking - and move into an interim stage - of precious metals-backed currency, and an abundance of it (another story) - on our way to the ultimate, of a moneyless 'system,' wherein we live closer to the degree of spiritual progress of the Angels.  Before we totally join those levels - in a process, and phenomenon, called Ascension - and leave this school of perceived-separation, 3D 'duality' experience behind.  

But just to wrap up this account, of my awakening to my potential, and role, in the larger Play at work:

With the undoubted help of the aloe vera gel, my 'red shield' is now beginning to have the white 'me' appear through, in spots and blotches; by which I am further reminded of the seeking of my total, harmoniously incorporated 'I' - aka my Christhood - now to be a demonstrator of that degree of accomplishment; and by which I AM my fiery shield.

All of which brings up another of the 'events' in my personal Completion process; and then I'll let this 'telling' go at that.

When I arrived at my sister-in-law's house, where I would be staying with a number of other members of the extended family arriving for the four-day Reunion event itself (plus the local July 4th activity the next day and fireworks-culminating night), I discovered that the various 'pods' of family members had been given the homework assignment of coming up with a video presentation for the Reunion, to be entered into a competition.  Long story short: I was (willingly) commandeered into playing a part in the entry of one of the (grown) children of my other niece (from the one who was so persistent about getting me there.  Please keep up, I don't have the time to go through all this again.  I have work to do.  Especially now), whose production was based on the telling of the plot of the Harry Potter story of The Philosopher's Stone, as told, and in Voice Over, by the two young boys of another of the parental clans (in this very family oriented crowd; as dutiful reflection of their (Mormon) religion).  We all mouthed our lines on video film to the satisfaction of our excellent female director, and our entry subsequently won the competition.  As I was leaving after the Reunion and a return to my sister-in-law's house to go early the next day to the airport, I had a chance to say a quick goodbye to the man whom said sister-in-law married after the death of my brother (and which occasioned the family's move to Utah, from their last domicile in the East Bay are of the San Francisco Bay).  He is, simply, a good man.  Not just for taking on the responsibility of caring for my sister-in-law and her by-then five children (he had three - then teenage - sons of his own, and they subsequently had three sons between them; almost all of their separate and mutual children, and their families, part of the Reunion festivities); but by his nature, as a farm boy raised with solid values and principles, and adding his own essence to the mix.  Anyway, I found myself telling him, in our brief farewell words, to tell the female director that I "appreciated the opportunity to star in an award-winning film".  I of course was tongue-in-cheek about it; but on the way to the airport, I found myself wondering why I had said, the opportunity "to star in" it.  I should have, could have said, "to be a part of" such a film.  (I just had a bit part in it.)  The point was not about me; it was about the production.  But sometimes, there are meanings behind our 'slips of the tongue'.   

To say, in this case: Because my subconscious was 'coming through' to give me a message.  Which was - as I interpreted the thing - that I was now to 'come out of the shadows' and star in my own "award-winning film".

The film of Life on Earth; about to go through a Transition.  So: having its own Completion process.

As I, as part of an incarnate family complex, had had mine with them; in an As Above - So Below act of resonance.  In which, and by which, nothing is lost, everything has meaning.   

Because Life has Purpose.

And that Purpose is Good.                  

Two bits of information that had come to me as part of a 'spiritual experience' that I had had one winter's night, nearly sixty years previously, while a Junior at university.  Which has guided me through all the ups and down of my life ever since.  Like a compass; that has helped to pull me back in alignment with Spirit many a time, when I had just about lost 'it': the connection with the spiritual realms, and my essential Self.

As Man has, as well.

Who is about to reap His own reward.  For staying the course.

Or not.

All of it: a matter of Choice.  

Not Coercion.  As in the little minds of wayward men; who would think to control Others.

As if they were not a part of 

Himself.

In failing to claim his Christhood

Now.


In any event: now I move on.  To star in an award-winning film.

Which just remains to be seen.

---

footnotes:

1 to which I had been invited by a particularly persistent niece, all grown up now (and with seven kids of her own), to whom, with her three siblings at the time, I had been a substitute father figure in their earliest years; and so this was a piece of the larger Completion energy that humanity as a whole is experiencing at this time.  Before a leap into Ascension  - off the Stage, and into The Real Thing 


2 Since returning to the States from my many years abroad, primarily living in a spiritual community in Scotland (with a detour of nearly 8 years down to Australia, in a 'committed relationship' for the first time in my life; another story), I have - besides retiring in the sun in my old hometown, seemingly having done my dash in life - become involved in particular in the national election scene, and have discovered, somewhat to my chagrin, that one mailing list leads to another, and then another, and then another, until my mail box overfloweth with glad tidings of more and more worthy causes to contribute to, or try to ignore, learning to draw my boundaries as I have had to.  'Hey, folks out there' - I have wanted to tell them all - 'I'm just your basic retiree.  I have some savings; but have a heart.'   
     I mean by that, to be asking them to 'have a heart'…well, you know what I mean.     


3 although 'he,' in his letter, did state that if 'he' didn't hear from me "within the next 3 days" - the time period repeated endlessly throughout the letter, like a mantrum Is there some sort of presumed science to the creation of these professional fundraising letters??  If so, it doesn't go down very well with me) - any subsequent contribution would be too late in their decision-making, whether to go with their "comprehensive" and game-sealing Plan A or their "barebones," not-guaranteed-of-success Plan B, so he/they did give me an out. 


4 And including financial assistance to other worthy causes; mostly charitable - and including Indian kids on a couple of reservations, I realize, as a theme that has been coming to the fore in my life; helping subtly to remind me of my own Amerindian roots, readying to be brought to the Completion table being laid now.  More on this point herein.
     Incidentally, as to my 'politics': I favor the 'right' largely because they stand for less government and more personal responsibility, i.e., a legitimate exercise of our free moral agency.  That doesn't mean that a number of things on the nominal 'right' aren't' legitimately subject to criticism.  (Big Business welfare projects come immediately to mind; i.e., the clout of Power.)  Which, not so incidentally, is what (at least) a two-party system is all about; each 'side'  acting as a check and balance against the other (a key, and immensely valuable, feature of the federal governmental system -  that is, the Constitution - as a whole.  But the 'left's' general agenda is far more soul-destroying.  It is the 'agenda' of Envy.  'You have more than me, and I want some of that.'  Sorry; you are not entitled to it.  That is theft.  Yes, one's wealth might have been acquired by devious means.  But (a), it is theirs, until proven otherwise; and (b) to take from some to give to others, simply in and for itself, is - as I say - theft.  And if one acquires 'income' by way of theft from others via the almighty power of the state - in 'the redistribution of wealth' schemes -  that puts the state in charge of your life.  Not you.
     Not good.
     You need to earn what you get, in life.  That's what it's all about.  Not be handed it.  The latter keeps you in permanent dependance on and subservience to Other.  Rather than all of us recognizing - in our own Family Reunion - that there is no Other.  There is only We.
     On Our way to becoming I again. 
     And in the meantime: the working-out of The Drama…               


5 We were playing volleyball in the shallow water at the edge of the beach.  I couldn't play with my shade hat on (a floppy blue number; relic from my days living Down Under.  In Australia, that is.  Not the Inner Earth.  Another story, that) because it would keep falling off.  And I just decided in the moment not to have concerns about the rest of my body.
     Funny things, such decisions…(keep reading)


6 Waking time is just as susceptible to symbolism as dream time.  It's a 'dream' anyway, in its way - an Illusion.
     As I have described it elsewhere: a Stage, for the Play that we are acting out.   And that we have written.  Not one that was written for us.
     Life is not about victimhood.


7 A story too long to go into here in detail is that back in 1961 I was inspired to think of a moneyless system of society; starting out on a walking journey from Los Angeles ('The Angels,' I noted peripherally at the time) to Washington,  D.C. to - as I put it in a letter I dropped off at newspaper offices along the way - "see the president and draw to his attention that the way to rid ourselves of all our aches and evils is to do away with money.  If, after considering the matter throughly" - I went on - "you agree, I encourage you to write a letter saying so to Mr.Kennedy." 
     I made it to a side gate of the White House, where a Secret Service-type guy said he would take my letter and 'pass it on,'  and then turned around and headed back across the country; hitchhiking most of the way.  Ending up in San Francisco, and then joining my brother - at his offer - in Hollywood, where he was just about to have his first baby.  And became a live-in 'Uncle Duane' to that, and three successive other nieces and nephews, while I tried to tune into my personal Next Steps.  Which ultimately took me to live in the spiritual community in the north of Scotland where I spent some 30 years of my  life.  Another story.  But just to say that this Family Reunion that I just attended (with an additional nephew present, who joined the unit after my brother died and I ceased being a live-in relation to them) was in the nature of a Completion.  As part of the larger Completion process going on.  
     Timing and resonance; factors to pay particular attention to, in one's life.


No comments: