Friday 5 September 2014

Speaking My Piece Of The Picture


Speaking of things that stick in one's mind when going through 'The School,' as I did in my last blog, I was reminded last night of something that happened to me in my second grade of specific schooling.  It was occasioned by something-or-other that I read yesterday evening - I think online; or maybe in one of the items in my voluminous daily-mail deliveries1 - in the general category of how Obama/his faction is taking down the United States of America.2  On further reflection, I think it was specifically the fact of how much Obama has cut the American military budget (I think it's up to a  trillion dollars now), while he and his gang of hijackers continue to lure more potential North American Union citizens into the country, for their takeover, after its takeover.3

What I was reminded of were the lyrics to a number of patriotic songs, that I learned at that time; and which, obviously, have stayed with me to this day.4  It took me a couple of times through them, but it all came back pretty well; and I realized, while going through them in my mind, that Obama missed out - for having been raised in Indonesia -  on this stage of acculturation in his education.  Now, you can call it 'indoctrination' if you choose to; especially given how 'the spirit of America' has been used and abused by so many of our leaders - too many, over the years.  But I call it acculturation, and stand by that interpretation of the process, of becoming a citizen of a country.  And especially this one, with its 'pretensions' to being special.  'Exceptionalism,' I believe is the term.  Which was imbued in its citizenry because of just such lyrics as I am now going to repeat; in part, as well, to make sure that there is a record of them, buried in this record, this anthropological treasure trove of thoughts of life as emanating from deep inside the body of what was called, in its day, the United States of America.5

America the Beautiful

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain -
America, America  
God shed His grace on thee
And crown they good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

(It goes on for a number of more stanzas, a couple of which we were taught, too.  But only the first one sticks, for having been repeated so often over the years, of upbringing in America, the land of the free, and the home of…of……I'll remember it; just give me a moment……....)


My Country 'Tis Of Thee

My country,'tis of thee
Sweet land of Liberty
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrim's pride,
From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.


God Bless America

God bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her,
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies
To the oceans, white with foam,
God bless America
My home, sweet home;
God bless America,
My home, sweet home.


And then there was also Columbia, The Gem Of the Ocean; whose lyrics I never learned, but the song of which I learned to play on my clarinet.

Another piece of my upbringing.  Along with the Cub Scouts, and then the Boy Scouts.  And…and……

I do understand that 'my America' was not the America of a lot of other Americans.  Especially the blacks.  But it is really a shame that Obama's upbringing brought him into a 'take' on America through the eyes and experience of Frank Marshall Davis; and then of the likes of Saul Alinsky, and Bill Ayers.  If he had had a different upbringing……

…but he didn't.

A problem.

But then, we brought it on ourselves.

For not living up to our promise.

And letting low-consciousness people guide us into the desperate straits that we find ourselves in today.

From the mountains.  To the prairies……...

---

footnotes:

1 As with my daily email load, I get more snail mail than I can keep up with.  I have stacks of it all around my flat.  They consist of numerous Round Tuits, as in, 'I'll get around to it someday'.  I realize I never will.  Time for another 'round' - as it were - of straining my wrists in tearing them in two before discarding the lot (as I have already done, once before in my stay here on my return to the States and my old hometown in my retirement days).

2 In order to meld it into the North American Union region of his puppet masters' New World Order.
     You didn't really think that he would ever relinquish the power that he has gained, did you??  These are ideologues that we are up against; not just members of a two-party system of governance.  Even though both sides of the political aisle are controlled by the same nest of vipers, in the Kabuki-theatre game that they play on the American people, still, there are more patriots among the Republicans, and it would be more difficult for them to carry off their takeover agenda under a Republican executive than a 'Democrat' one.

3 Presumably as peacefully as possible; with the overwhelming force of arms that he is deploying in the nation as we speak, in his attempt to stifle any sizable opposition to his consolidating of his coup. ('Coup,' as in his not being eligible for the office in the first place.  Another subject.)   In any event: 'Whatever It Takes,' in the words and strategy of his 'community organizer' mentor, Saul Alinsky.

4  I am now in my 80th year of incarnation.  Time, really, to get going.  As in, the tough.  Not as in, 'Get out of the way, old white man.  We're taking over now.'
     I beg to differ.  But more on that, as we go on.

5 And "from deep inside" not only in the meaning of one of its citizens who deeply bought into its promises and potential, but because I was taught these lyrics, and songs, from deep in the heart of the country - in this case, in Payette, Idaho.

---

P.S. And In Learning About 'el Tren de la Muerte' - The Death Train, bringing young people to cross the border in response to Obama's illegal unilateral action in announcing a DREAM Act amnesty for  illegal-alien families with a child under 18 without much risk of being deported, a word:

As for those who argue
that 'America is a continent'
And we should do away
                    with borders,
I can only say in reply:
'I'm not sure you understand fully
What you are talking about.
You are talking about
                       the destruction
(Some of you would say
'the deconstuction')
Of the United States
               of America
                as a nation
      and its submergence
Into a New Order of Things
That, at this point, is evil
For thinking to take away
Man's free will
In a totalitarian state
Of affairs.
To which I can only say
In reply:
'Get thee behind me, Satan.
                               Those
                  are your orders
From on high.
                         Hard
Of hearing, are you?
                    Then learn
The hard way
                   that God
Will not be mocked.
                        Only
Approached
By all
In the fullness of their time
As apprentices.'

On their way to becoming Adepts
And then to Masters...

            In the meantime
Be sure you do things
For the right reasons,
Citizen.
           Or you will pay
        the consequences
Too.
And that's just
Good advice
For anybody:
                    to learn
that you pay the consequences
Of your actions
                   in this school
For budding gods
In their own right.
    (Which Satan tried
           to emulate
In his own way.
It's God's way
Or the highway
Friend.
Brother.
Sister.
In Our One Family.
With - in this realm
Only:
         sibling rivalry

                  in order
To help grow each other
In The Process
         by taking parts
In The Play
Now ready
To be released
For a further state
Of Be-ing.
Of being a conscious
Being of Spirit
Just encased
In matter now
Is all.  For our lesson
Learning.
        Now at an end
On this level
              for most
Of Us.
      As for the rest
Of Us:
             pray
For them.  Who are
             in truth
Parts of ourselves.
To whom we best be
Kind.
        Wouldn't you be
To your Self
Too?)

No comments: