Sunday 14 October 2018

College Daze


‘’Bye, Mom.  My ride’s here.  I”m off.’

‘Bye, dear.  Enjoy your first semester at university.’


‘Hello, dear.  Welcome back. How was - ‘

‘Don’t talk to me.’

‘What? - I beg your pardon??’

‘You never told me that you were oppressed.’

‘What??’

‘And that all men are rapists.’

‘…i’m having a bit of a hard time picturing your father in that role; but never mind.  What - ‘

‘My father.  That white male supremacist.’

‘What is this all about, dear?’

‘It’s about life.  Mother, you need to stop being oppressed.’

‘How am I that, dear?’

‘You are in a marriage.  You are, ipso facto, oppressed.  You need to be a free agent.  Like I’m going to be.’

‘I see.  You’re going to…’

‘Spread my wings, and fly!  Wherever, and with whomever, I wish to.  And as long as I wish to.  Because I will be in charge!’’

‘I see.  And what about your children, if any?’

‘My children!  What do kids have to do with anything!  Children are a copout.  You don’t have to be a slave to the system to have children.  If you even want to have them, as you pursue your freedom.  To be you.’   

'I'm trying to get this, dear, I really am.  But who’s going to raise the inevitable children, with all this opening of your legs - your wings, in your utopia, dear?’

‘The state!  Whoever wants to.  Female or - excuse me.  Menstruators.  Or oppressors.’

‘Menstruators.’

‘Yes.  Oh, don’t be so ancient, Mother.  It’s a New World.  Wake up to it.  Or be left behind.’

‘Be left behind.’

‘Yes.  While We, the Pioneers of the New Order of Things, take over.’

‘Well.  When you finish taking over, dear, you can always come back home.  I’ll keep your room ready for you.’

‘Mother!  I’m serious!’

‘So am I, dear.    

‘Very.  Serious.’


P.S. Speaking of The New Order of Things, and of being in a sort of daze…
     We are experiencing, in spades, the results of living in, creating, an atheistic environment; whereby people think that they can get away with actions without having personal consequences.  This is, in effect, not fair to people, evildoers and otherwise.  It just sets them all up for misery.
   Case in point: Our neighborhood, which is roughly middle class, has attracted, for whatever all reasons - near the beach; enough income to have a drug underclass (pr druggies on S.S. Disability); a very ‘cosmopolitan’ racial mix; whatever all - a lot of homeless people, who take over the public restrooms to do their drug deals in, live in, whatever all.  It is said that ‘it is not against the law to be homeless’.  No.  But that category of persons is susceptible to engaging in theft, and such.
   In the past it has been, largely, bicycles; then also packages left on front porches and apartment doorsteps (thank you, Amazon, for that addition to community malaise), and breaking into parked cars and rifling through their glove compartments. Recently there has been a rash of Peeping Toms checking out people’s premises.  It has now extended to stealing car batteries.  And all the crime all over the place; stealing people's identities, and on, and on...  
   This has all gone far enough.
   People, people:
   I understand that the growing intensity of the Light is bringing out all the latent Darkness in us; but be aware:
   You don’t ever really get away with anything.  For, life has Purpose, and that purpose is Good.  And we are all on a learning curve; primariy to learn this one fundamental fact:
   that actions have consequences.  
   So, whatever you do unto others will be done to you.  Until you balance out your karma.  And then move on.
   For, life is a school.  And the purpose is to graduate.
   Not to get stuck in.  Just going around and around.  Spinning your wheels.  
   Stolen.  Or otherwise.

No comments: