Saturday 20 October 2018

On Baseball And Other Natonal Pasttime Games


A friend got up my nose a bit yesterday now when this person chastised me via email for being "biased" for Pres. Trump on some issue or other.*  I responded by pointing out how unfair the Left has been on the man by accusing him of all sorts of demonizing-word attributes, which is just their way of attacking their enemies, just as they use such terms as 'voter suppression' when what it really is 'illegal voter suppression'.  To drive that point home, I forwarded this person an article from my day's harvest of goodies about just this sort of thing - talking about how a number of Democrats have been caught out in Texas filling out illegal voting forms for some people in mail balloting in that state, and pre-filling them out with the 'citizen' question marked for them.  My accompanying comment:

"Example.

"Stan 

"P.S. When I came back to live here in the States in 2012, and went in to vote in those elections, I was stunned to find that they didn't ask for any ID, and refused to vote, until I could find out what was going on with the Electoral system.  I discovered that it was wonky in more than CA.  But here, I was told by the L.A. County Voter Registration Office that they don't clean the voter reg rolls, because - get this - "People sign up on penalty of perjury".  And so??  It turns out that that's it.  No check on whether or not someone HAS signed up illegally.  And that word is, of course, out.  And now, they not only have a Motor Voter law here, whereby everybody is registered to vote who signs up for or renews a driver's license (unless they specifically choose to opt out.  Yeah, right...), but the Democrat state legislature and governor have now passed a law making it [specifically] LEGAL for illegal aliens to apply for and receive a driver's license.  It's being spelled out for the non-citizens.

"This is war, [person[.  And if we don't fight back, we are doomed.  To be turned into a totalitarian state like Communist China.  (Where dissidents are harvested for their organs before they are killed.  And where Google has helped the govt to set up their surveillance-state internet system.  After censoring conservative speech in this country.)  And I for one will not go gentle into that disgusting night.

"So, don't talk to me about "bias".  I may not remain civil."

--

* Some leftie commentator was quoted accusing Trump's followers of being "gougers" and "thugs" and such. when it is people like the Antifa crowd that are guilty of such behavior.  I took umbrage at the accusation; hence the accusation back at me of being "biased".  
   (I believe the accusation ab. Trump originated in an article at Huffington Post.  It figures.)  

---

This friend follows the Major League baseball scene.  I somewhat regretted that I no longer had time for that sort of thing.  A part of Americana that I have long supported.  But when duty calls........

---

N.B. I was going to correct the spelling in the title of this blog, upon realizing the mistake, to our National 'Pastime'.
     But, on further reflection, as to what all is going on these days, I will leave it as is.


No comments: