Monday 10 June 2013

Again With The Synchronicities


Today I was reading a comment on the thread to an article on a favorite e-newsletter of mine that gave a link to another site, which I followed out of curiosity, and which contained a quote from James Madison that I had never come across before, and which I found as insightful as many others of his, and invaluable in and for our time as well.  I quote:

 "A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both.  Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives." [my emphases]1

Well noted, James.  And not well enough noted by our succeeding generations.  But that's not what I want to comment on, herein.  What that is, is to the subject of synchronicity.  I have been finding that 'one thing leads to another' in my life.  That has happened often to me, in the course of my many years of incarnation in this 'place and time', this focus point; I could as easily say, of incarceration in this relative prison - relative to the greater reality of which we are a part - but it seems to have been happening more and more frequently.  Which is part of why I feel that things are about to come to a head.  And so, with that awareness, of things of synchronicity, I found myself wondering, What will happen today that will emphasize this point, that Madison made lo, those many years ago now?  And it was not long in coming.

I have been in the habit for a while now - as I have shared recently in these pages - of walking the short distance from my flat2 to a local park in the late afternoon to take my shoes and socks off and walk in the grass to a favorite picnic table, off to one side, to get some sunning and some reading in, in roughly equal mesasure.3  I take more than one item of reading material with me, to see what my fancy kicks up for me at the particular point in time.  The last time I reported on my daily visit to the park, I think the item of interest that came up for me was the book 'Man Made God,' by a (staunch) feminist by the name of Barbara G. Walker.4  This time, though that tome was included in my portable (knapsack) library, I was drawn to a bit of lighter reading, in my current issue of NEXUS magazine.  "The world's No. 1 magazine for alternative news, health, future science and the unexplained," as it identifies itself on its cover.  And, indeed, to my experience, lives up to its self-descriptive hype.  Among the delicacies it offered within its salubrious covers was an article on - well wouldn't you believe it - sunshine.  'The Power of UV Light And Vitamin D3,' it was, and is, titled.  But that's not the synchronicity that I was referring to.  Sitting there in the vitamin D3-fashioning sunshine,5 I was reviewed on a subject that I knew well: the withholding of important information from the public for commercial, to say profit-making, reasons.

My research into Truth - i.e., the truth of all things; not just The Big One, about Life itself - over the years has led me down many interesting paths, including that of the suppression of information to the public about matters to do with their health.  The author of this article - one Jeff T. Bowles - summarized some of that form of history in this regard:

"In 1952 the FDA tried to outlaw the introduction of anything 'new' in foods and consumables unless it gave affirmative permission in advance...In 1957, the FDA started prosecution of vendors of 'malnutrition remedies ' (vitamins) and began using the term 'quack'.  In 1960, the FDA tried to limit the amount of folic acid in vitamins...

"In 1973, the FDA banned the sale of higher-dose vitamin A and vitamin D pills..."  And this is where and when my story intersects with this story.  Back up to late 1972,  and I had finally had it with the incipient police state encroaching on the people's freedoms and rights.   For me, it also included the recently-passed OSHA directive - the Occupational Safety And Health Act, which was, in my book, blatantly unconstitutional, in encroaching on regulatory territory that properly belonged in the states, and between businesses and the unions of their employees, if such there were.6  I was a managerial foreman of a small furniture-making business at the time, and was 'commanded' by the new OSHA regulations, handed down from on federal high, to start implementing various of its directives.  The hell with this, I raged inside; and together with new regulations being pushed by the FDA to limit the dosage strength of certain vitamins that the public could buy over the counter - vitamins A and D among them (as indicated above; which was to go on to become implemented, at least for a time), and to include vitamin C7   - it was the straw that broke my camel's back.  I had been following the 'health food' controversy for some years by that time (and including cancer treatments - specifically, in the instance, Laetrile - outwith the cut-burn-poison repertory of mainstream medicine; really, the medical-pharmaceutical complex; or more accurately, the medical-pharmaceutical-government complex); and finally, at that point, had had enough.  My form of protest and retaliation was to write a letter to the local city paper announcing what I was about to do, and then did it, by throwing a brick through a (small) window of the local IRS office (it was the only federal office in the city that I could locate).8

I wanted my day in court.  In the event, I didn't get it - they released me, after booking me, and letting me cool off overnight in San Francisco City jail.  But I had made my stand.  That was primarily what mattered to me.

After that, I could live with myself.

I have gone on, to become a solid citizen of the world, and graduate, after 30-some years, of a spiritual community; trying to live and demonstrate a conscious way of life.  And I see that The Battle is still raging out here.

And about to come to a head.9

And about time.


In the meantime, we would do well - it is my considered opinion - to keep an eye on the things going on in our personal lives.  The synchronicities, in particular.

For, we are being communicated with.

By forces - within us, and without - willing, even eager, to lend us a hand.

In the battle.  Between the Forces of Light.  And the Forces of Darkness.

In the ongoing battle, in this dualistic realm.

About to come, not just to a head.

But to an end.


And blessed be the day.

And its incomparable sunshine.   :-)

---


footnotes:


1 posted on supremelaw.org.  By Paul A. Mitchell.  Who has shared some interesting things on that site for us citizens; who have been hoodwinked in this country by our Keepers for years, and years, and years.  For lack of knowledge.


2 I am more used to the British word than the longer, less convenient word of 'apartment'; so I will trust that you, dear reader, will bear with me in any further references to my place of domicile.


3 I spell it with a walk down to the beach - closer to home - and sitting in my sand-level beach chair, getting the same 'work' done; but for some reason, I have found myself being more drawn to the park than to the beach; to say, more precisely, to the grass rather than to the sand.   Even with the opportunity of coming across some lovelies in their bikinis at the latter. At my age, that is more of a distraction than of a 'plus'.
     Now where was I...,
     Ah yes: distractions.  There are some at the park as well, but they are less 'attractive' to the eye, as it were.  More of the nature of an ever-changing bunch of Hispanic guys playing soccer, on a makeshift field.  Which seems a rather tame sport, to my eye, compared to what we Americans call, and know as, football... but there you go.  Changes.


4 I can recommend her book.  Not that I am a feminist, or particularly supportive of that 'movement'.  But I am a seeker of Truth.  And she deals with it, in large measure. With a message that we need - desperately, in our time - to hear.


5 Did you know that vitamin D is not really a vitamin - the so-called 'sunshine vitamin' - but is, rather, a hormone (the D2 version from plants and the D3, far more 'active'/potent version from animals)?  The mistake came about because it was first discovered to relate to diet (of first rats and then dogs).  But then it was discovered - in1923, by an American biochemist - that "irradiation by UV light increased the vitamin-D content of foods and other organic materials".  The biochemist took out a patent on his irradiating process - and his university made a lot of money on it or some years - but in 1943 the patent was invalidated, on the grounds that it was "a discovery and not an invention".  And the drug companies have been making hay while the sun shined for years thereafter, on diseases and physical and mental conditions brought about by low doses of this vital hormone.  For more on which, read on.


6 The federal power "to regulate interstate commerce" does not, by any stretch of the imagination, other than that of a centralist statist, extend to the power to regulate conditions within the businesses engaged in such interstate commerce.  The ingenious justification employed by such ideologues seems to be that 'safety and health' conditions in the businesses can affect the prices of the goods involved, and therefore, bring those conditions under the aegis of the federal government.  To which theorizing, I say:
     Bollocks.    


7 The latter of which was the bridge too far that the FDA took, because it brought Dr. Linus Pauling into the picture.  The double Nobel Prize winner - for Chemistry and Peace - he was an expert on vitamin C, and challenged the FDA directive in court.  Result: "In 1974, US Congress reined inthe FDA's overreach and forced it to regulate vitamins as food and not drugs..."  But that was after my horse had bolted the barn.


8 Little did I know at that point that the IRS was not a part of the federal government - and was in fact part of the bigger picture of malevolence from 'on high'.  I found that out in the years shortly to come; when I became a Tax Rebel, amongst the 'labels' that I was beginning to accrue by that time.
     If I hadn't opted to leave the country and go join a spiritual community in the far north of Scotland at that point, I don't know what would have happened, regarding my largely one-man battle against the growing Nemesis that was the American federal government.  Taking over MY country.  Grrrrrrr..........


9 With the likes of the federal government's overreach regarding the AP 'story', and the IRS 'story', and the NSA 'story', and enough ammo in the DHS's hands to run a war for years; and...and............
           

No comments: