Sunday 1 April 2018

On The Subject Of New Beginnings


Highlights of my day, this Easter weekend.  First, a story, that I forwarded to a couple of friends, under the notation: “In all the turmoil of the times, a healthy note”:

It seems a female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.
She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.
“Pardon me, sir, I’m Rebecca Smith from CNN. What’s your name?”
“Morris Feinberg,” he replied. 
“Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?”
“For about 60 years.”
“60 years! That’s amazing! What do you pray for?”
“I pray for peace between the Christians, the Jews and the Muslims. I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop. I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests.”
“How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?”
“Like I’m talking to a wall.”

(provided by  Betty Freauf)


2) This evening I sent an email to one of said friends, who had sent me some info in followup to an article on a threat to the vaccine industry (the ability of wild oregano oil to kill all manner of diseases - viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi; etc. etc. etc.; which I likened to my friend to colloidal silver, a similar substance that I had come across many years ago).   My brief response to my friend:

“The whole medical-pharmaceutical-government complex needs to go.  But: another story.”

Ah yes.  The story of Big Pharma.  A particular sore subject for me.  And then later on this same day in life that I penned this brief utterance off to my friend, I came across two articles in my emails on this sore subject: one on how “Big Pharma Paid Millions in Secret Settlements After Antidepressants Linked to Mass Murder,” and the other on dealing with high blood pressure in a natural way, which has been blocked for years and years, because of....  guess who.

My email to my friend went on:      

“You obviously are doing well for yourself.  Sounds like a nice community to live in.  Here, other than the Nextdoor email network, there's not much of a sense of community.  But I was impressed with a post there just the other day by someone who a) was new to the area and b) asked for leads to volunteer jobs in the area, and got a number of good leads on that 'front'.  So there has been more going on, of a 'nice' nature, than I was aware of.  I know there are a number of churches that engage in offering free meals; so that's always a good sign of 'caring and sharing'. Although it has attracted a huge number of down-and-outers.  I never knew there were so many of my fellow citizens hurting so badly on that score, until I began seeing so many people living homeless, and camping out on the streets all around the downtown area (with varying degrees of imagination for their 'living space').  What a tragedy.  I have to steel my mind against it all, to get through my day, or I would be done in by it all.”

We are, then, in summing up, living in a horrendous ‘reality’.

I want it to stop.

And there is one specific way to make that happen.

Which is to release our fixation on ‘money’.  On ‘making money’.  As an end in itself.  Rather than as the means to an end that it more properly is. 

The end, of creating community. 

And another story of the day - as if right on cue - is how many of ‘the elite’ are planning on slipping away into their underground lodgings, to weather the storm, and count on their cryptocurrencies to see them through to the other side of the unknown, while the U.S. dollar goes kerplunk, because of geopolitical matters coming to a head, with the stock market expected to crash.  And for something else to ‘grow up’ after that.

And I hope, and trust, that that is us.

No comments: