Monday 20 October 2014

The Test


It is so frustrating
To have to just
             sit here
   and watch this
Son of a bitch
Of a despot -
                pissing
         all oner
The Constitution -
           take over
This country,
                    inch
By incremental
                    inch.
What are you
                 going
             to do
About it,
America??
       You'd better
Make up your mind
And fast, or
                 it
         will be
        too late;
                all over
                  before
You know it,
And you will find
Yourself fully
              shackled
     and the rest
   of the planet
         with you
    because you
                   failed
The test.

            --

                As for 
Calling Obama
                a son
Of a bitch
        I meant it
        and do not
               resile
       from it,.
And I'm likewise
           disgusted
With the lot
             of you
                   for
Letting this despotic
              activity
             carry on
             this way,
             happen
             in
             and to
         MY
Country.
          And I
          own
          my
          anger.
          That
           is
          my
          test.

     However,
             I feel
             that I
          can be
     excused
     somewhat:
     I prepared
     for you
     a great
     country
To build on;
     and you
  are blowing
  it.
(As I own
      as well
            fully
Why I feel
So strongly
About
This country.)

In any event
       let's see
Your best shot,
                    not
Your worst;
              and we
            move on
         from there
                    into
         our
         glorious
             future.

   …and I know
                   that
   at the end of
           the Play
      we
      are all
      One
      anyway.
     Excuse me
     for getting
     so caught up
     in the Drama
     that
     I forgot
     momentarily.
     I am
     only human
     too,
     you know
     and as
     it were…

                   So,
           Obama,
                  you
                  are
        excused
                  too - 
              if you
   understand
Why.
    And just so
                  are
We all.
             Except for
       the hard core
          who refuse
             the grace
Of the Creator
Of the whole thing
                from
The beginning
                    to
The End.

No comments: