Monday 25 September 2017

Of Country And World


A couple of subjects have just occurred in my life that I feel have some synchronicity to them.

The first: A new documentary is out on TV about 'Vietnam', I am told by a friend, who mistook something I said to this person some time ago.  My friend, an ex-Findhorn Foundation member, who has enjoyed its beginning episode, sent me a commentary on it by a reporter on a paper up in Maine.  My response:

Good, reasonable commentary by Roskin.

No, I wasn't in [the Vietnam War].  You must be thinking of something I may have said about going to a Peace Camp out in the desert sort of between Iraq and Kuwait in the lead-up to the first Gulf War, whilst living at the FF.  That was in around '90-'91.  

Vietnam was a tricky bit of geopolitical business.  On the one hand, the U.S., as part of SEATO (the SouthEast AsiaTreaty Organization, of the UN), was obligated to come to the defense of South Vietnam against both the subversion of the Viet Cong and their support by Communist North Vietnam.  But LBJ turned it into a MIC (Military-Industrial Complex) event, with his false Gulf of Tonkin excuse to send in more troops there, than just the 'advisers' that JFK was looking to withdraw, under the advice of such real experts as Gen. Douglas MacArthur ("Don't get bogged down in a land war in Asia"), and which was in part what got him assassinated.  So the anti-war protesters had it partly right: It was a tar baby, a No-Win War, designed to make the money people big bucks (as ever, from wars, that they help foment).  But that movement was also the handiwork of Communists; with their 'war cry' chant of 'Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh' a bloody insult to our troops who were out there dying for a lost cause.  Unfortunately, the cynicism of the 'deal' got to many of our troops, and 'we' did, indeed, slaughter the villagers in a particular loss of patience - our troops were being killed by the Viet Cong 'hiding' amongst villagers - that led to the beginning of the end, when the word got out back home about 'our boys killing babies'.  The MSM even then doing its hatchet job for the NWO crowd, and not telling the whole story.  Anyway, yes, it became a nightmare, for this nation, and the South Vietnamese themselves, and did, indeed, need to end.  

A perhaps interesting footnote, about a personal aspect to it, and in a way, a further comment to your query, about anything I might have had to do with it.  First of all, a clarification: In the aftermath of the Korean War - back in '51-'53 - when I dropped out of university (to go find some answers to 'What this Life business is all about') - I became subject to the Draft, and chose to become a c.o. (conscientious objector), such was my antagonism towards all this warring business that Humanity had gotten itself involved in.  (Due mainly to 'money' - to say, interest-bearing money.  Money as an end in itself, rather than a means.  Another story.)  It was in that capacity that I was drafted into the Army, and ended up over in Korea, as a medic (actually, I got into Special Services over there, in the Entertainment Section; another story), for a 2-year Tour of Duty (this was '57-'58).  And when I came back, at the finish of my 2-year stint in the Army, I decided that I had to help create the sort of world that I wanted to live in, which would not involve all this low-consciousness stuff going on, that we had been wallowing in for long enough - and are to this day.  It was to that end that I ended up in the FF.  But before then, the Vietnam War broke out.  And as it dragged on, and the antiwar sentiment was growing in this country, I found myself torn.  On the one hand, I was, in the fiber of my being, a c.o..  But on the other hand, I felt sorry for those poor guys over there - they were just doing what their country asked of them; and it was under the auspices of the UN - a hope for mankind, at that time.  Seemingly.  So, a long way of saying that I might well have seen [a member of the FF who was in Vietnam during the war] over there in Saigon, if my volunteering to go over there as a medic had been accepted. (This was in the '70-'72 time period.) In the event, the authorities thanked me for my offer, but turned it down, and invited me to consider joining some international volunteer organization of some kind at the time, I forget the name.  But I have felt sorry for those poor sods to this day.  They just didn't know what they were up against.  Which included such crap as our country selling the Soviet Union war material that they just then turned around and sent down to North Vietnam.  A world corrupt to its core.

And needing replacement,  And, now, fast.  Before the warmongers - and moneychangers - have at it, yet once again.

And for the Fire this time.

-

The other subject: Having been born into the Mormon Church, and though no longer a member of such, I have family in it, and have been invited to have Thanksgiving in Utah with an extended portion of them, as also celebrating the return of one of the sons of one of my nieces from his Mission in Japan for the last two years.  I have already had 'words' with this branch of my family - in a civil way - regarding my unhappiness with the Mormon Church's failure to live up to one of its Founder's prophecies (titled 'The White Horse Prophecy') when he said that 'a time would come when the Constitution would be hanging by a thread, and the Church would come to its assistance'; and turned down a Family Reunion in Utah in 2016 when many Mormons backed Ted Cruz in the Republican Party's nomination process, failing to note that he also is not eligible for the office of the presidency; that following on from the Usurper's occupancy of the office with another ineligible candidate was just cementing the crime that has been committed on this nation and its rule of law - its Constitution - and I refused to set foot in Utah in protest at its failure to live up to its responsibility in such a matter.  The return of my niece's son from his Mission - and the recent death of another uncle of my niece (on the other side of the family) - has brought that subject up again.  My response:

Hi (niece)

Thanks for this.  Glad to hear that [her son] has enjoyed his mission.  And I understand your concern for your ancient uncle.  Indeed, our time in the Game of Life may be called at any moment; and the older we get, the more that is a possibility.  But I still haven't finished the work that I am to do here yet.  Whatever all that is.  So I appreciate your sentiment, lovely niece that you are.  But I'll pass on the invite.

Basic reason: I would not feel comfortable in 'Mormon country'.  I am still terribly disappointed that the Church leadership didn't 'rise to the occasion' of the Constitution "hanging by a thread," when both major political parties colluded in the crime of allowing an ineligible candidate to run for, much less occupy, the presidential office, and thereby deepened this country's estrangement from its rule of law.  If we don't have law, we have anarchy.  And that is what is going on in this country today.  Which has deepened, after 8 years of the Usurper's unconstitutional activities, until it may be well nigh impossible for Trump to bring the country back to its rule of law.  The Marxists were given a huge head of steam, with that betrayal of the nation's founding, as a federal constitutional republic; and they are thereby determined to keep pushing their advantage, and keep pushing, until they drive this country into civil war.  And then the Constitution will REALLY be "hanging by a thread" - so clearly that even the Mormon Church's leadership, and its priesthood itself/themselves, can see it starkly.  And by then, it may well be too late, to pull the nation back from the brink.  When an ounce of prevention might have headed off a pound of attempted cure.  

So no, I won't be taking you up on your kind offer.  But thanks anyway.  And I hope you folks have a great time, especially with [her son's] return involved in your Thanksgiving celebration this year.  

Yes, family is important.  But there are things that are more important even than that special institution.     


Best wishes, from your curmudgeonly old


Uncle Duane    ðŸ˜Š

--

Perhaps I am particularly sensitive at this particular time about such a subject, what with being in the middle of reading an excellent book on the founding of this country - Prof. Kevin R.C. Gutzman's 'James Madison And The Making Of America'.  What a process, of political deliberation, they went through, to get this country up and running.  It is worth a major motion picture.

Alas, Hollywood, what with being in the hands of the New World Order crowd and all, wouldn't touch it, with a ten-foot pole.  But some independent filmmaker is missing a good bet, to come up with such a film; especially given the reaction to the revolution going on that occasioned the election of Donald Trump.  

One can only hope in miracles.  And for more reasons than one, these fraught days.

Of losing sight of such as Laws.

And especially, of the Law of Karma.

No comments: