Tuesday 2 December 2014

Catching Up On The Likes Of The Ferguson Story


Trawling through my back emails from having been away over the holiday, I came across this one, about a black sheriff commenting on the Ferguson 'story'.  I have read other blogs on that story; and am not happy with the unclarity there still is around it, with the Grand Jury hearing & finding on the matter coming under some attack.  But the points made in this video are still worthwhile; and, I would like to think, my comment on it.

from thenewscommenter.com: 'WOW! Watch This Sheriff Sum Up Ferguson In One Awesome Quote Then Go Off On Eric Holder (Video)' - Nov. 28 (posted at Freedom Watch on Dec. 1)
(Sheriff Clarke of Minneapolis (I think) sounds off on Ferguson, MO at the National Press Club in front of a Police Officers Assn. audience; describing how "irresponsible groups descended on Ferguson like vultures on a roadside carcass".)

..
Stan Stanfield · Top commenter · Stanford University (Dec. 2)

Well spoken, Sheriff Clarke. You can be my AG any time.

Having said that, we need to find out what tactics police officers are being taught these days. I have heard some disturbing stuff, about how they are being trained like the israelis in keeping the Palestinians in check - strong-arm stuff. Intimidatory tactics. Which creates a police-state mentality, on both sides. I don't want that kind of 'policing' in my country. I want the kind that does the job properly, fairly, with respect for the public that they serve as the public servants that they are.

And yes, keep the provocateurs out of the picture. There are definitely people trying to stir up trouble in this country, in order to serve their political ends. But let's keep our local police on our side in this whole matter; until we see our way out into a better world.

Don't think we can? Yes we can. We're all the children of a loving Creator. Let's act that way. And if we do, all will be well. Not like this childish stuff going on these disturbing, and disappointing, days.

--

We can do better than this.  Let's do it. 
 

No comments: