Sunday 28 December 2014

On Synchronicity


An interesting bit of synchronicity here.  After dinner this evening (Saturday) I took a walk to a local multi-shop to buy some ice cream (on sale, before the sale went off the next day), outside the side of which was a middle-aged man 'down on his luck,' as it were.1  I can't 'feed them all,' so to speak; and sometimes find myself having to turn such solicitations down.  But, for whatever reason - I think it was the gentle way this man asked me for some change as I passed by - I consented; and then, for whatever reason, found myself preparing a dollar bill out of my change from the shop (after all, I had gained some money in the 'sale' process…) to give to him on the way back to my apartment.2  He was doubly appreciative; and somehow we got talking briefly.

After I wished him well to 'get things going for himself again,' his story back to me was that he was an electrician, with two college degrees, had made a lot of money in his life, "and now look at me".  I strongly encouraged him to stay positive; and found myself saying to him, as I left him, "You gravitate to you what you put out."3  He clearly appreciated the sentiment; and we parted company.

I bring all of this up, as a sort of prelude to my sharing here, now, of what I wrote just now in response to a two-hour-long radio interview that I just listened to via a blog site.

It is self-explanatory.  And I leave it with you as food for thought.  As I wish you a

Good Night.  


from exohuman.com: 'Re-emergence of the Warrior Class' - redicecreations.com (radio iv) - posted Dec. 27  
('COMPARATIVE MYTHOLOGIST, John Lash returns to Red Ice Radio to announce the formation of the Kalika War Party, a band of self-selected men and women volunteers whose goal is “to strike offensively against all variations of the evil and corrupt system that works against life, truth, freedom, beauty, sanity, and the spirit of mutual aid…"'  Including the use of violence…)



Sigh…

John Lash is a very commendable fellow. And, he is throwing the baby out with the bathwater when he rejects Christianity in its totality, and especially on the issue of the concept – the awareness of the (spiritual) principle – of  ‘nonviolence'; of non-resistance to evil.

The best thing that Gandhi got out of it: Do not give your enemy the benefit of your energy. (See a Tai Chi position here, anyone??)  Simple action-reaction keeps the whole thing on the same level as the problem.  Offer something new, higher as an outcome.  How else COULD the British Empire be taken down except by a fakir in a diaper???

To say, John; with respect: You do not rouse the right kind of support to your cause if all you offer is the same-old tyrannical concept that the end justifies the means. Been there, done that. The times call for something higher out of us in response to what is going on. Discrimination, John.  Discrimination.

Indeed, we are seeing the “Re-emergence” of a Warrior Class. But some things have changed.  In its way, it’s like the difference between the Old Laws of Manifestation and the New. To say, we now, from a lot of life experience, can realize, and say, that: What you put out is, ultimately, what you get back.

---

footnotes:

1 We have a lot of panhandlers in this area - and by 'area' I mean the whole of downtown Long Beach as well.  Plus a number of people sleeping rough wherever they can find some degree of shelter.  I don't know if other cities this size attract the same level of such 'activity;' if so, we are in very deep trouble, indeed.

2  I also gave a dollar to the Church guy who was outside the front door of the shop proper.  That particular Church - which has, apparently, quite an 'outreach' program, for people on drugs in particular, has that spot as its regular 'beat', and I often contribute something to their 'worthy cause'.  So I did 'double duty' this evening.  Well; the Christmas spirit, and all.
   Not that I'm a Christian; having read my way out of 'the church' many years ago.  But it's a nice tradition.  And even if - when? - the specifically 'Christian' aspect of the celebration dies out (yes, it's called Christmas; but the Church co-opted an ancient, 'pagan' celebration in it - as was its wont; and which I have already commented on in theses pages recently, in a response to an Internet article on the subject), it would be helpful to keep the basic spirit of the tradition going.  As I see it: the spirit - very much in tune with any religious aspect - to 'be nice to each other'.  A fair-enough, and even spiritual, sentiment, no matter how you cut into it.  And anyway, 'the Christ' is an office; not a particular person.  So we could keep the name, even if 'Christmas' becomes even more secular than it already is.

3 I'm not sure why I ended up using the word 'gravitate'.  The more 'correct' word - out of usage, if for no other reason  - is, would be, 'attract'.  Maybe my subconscious chose it in honor of the man's electrician experience in the need for the 'grounding' of things???
   Whatever: It's all a matter of resonance.
   To say as well (perhaps more appropriately, here): frequency.

No comments: