Monday 8 December 2014

On Treating People Like Fools



Two of the 'worthy causes' that I have given money to in the past are Safe Borders Coalition ('a program of Citizens Assembly') and Americans for One Language ('a program of American Service Council').  They both in their ways are against illegal aliens.  (So far, so good.)  And they both have very similar donation-request letters (over the signatures of their respective Executive Directors).  In fact, I have just received in the last couple of days one from each of these groups that looked almost precisely the same, except for their specific focus - same writing style, same language, exact-same colored-pen additions.  Now, I am not against several organizations having the same professional fundraising entities.  They have their own focus to attend to, rather than spending it on fundraising.  I accept that.  But what I don't accept is that both of these groups are pleading that they are about to have to suspend their petition operations and go out of business, if their best friends etc. etc.  And then, enough is enough, when one of them said (more directly than the other's letter):

"Without your $15 donation, the English Language Unity Act [their emphasis] will never see the light of day and America, as we know it, will disappear forever [my emphasis].  

I had to read that again:  "Without your $15 donation…will disappear forever."  Yep.  That's what it said.

What I said, in reply, was:

"Gee - all because of me??  I'm flattered that you think I'm so important to the future of this country.  Or at least, that my $15 is.  But I seriously doubt that outcome.

(signed)

"P.S.  Please get someone else to write your letters for you.  They are an insult to even the average person's intelligence."

If I had had the space, I would have gone on to say something like:

'I have heard that there are boiler-room 'fundraising' operations that simply 'take the money and run,' never following through on their promises.  I am not accusing you folks of being such an operation.  But I hope you understand,  if I - and, I'm sure, others like me out here in Contribution Land - don't wonder sometimes if our hard-earned money isn't, rather, going towards giving some shysters a nice meal for the evening, on The Suckers.   

'Such people are ruining the charity/'worthy cause' scene for legitimate outfits.  I wold hate simply to just stop giving to worthy causes altogether, because of some such bastards in the business.

'I hope you aren't one of them.  In any event, you really should fire the person who writes your letters.  Unless they are written simply from a script.  In which event - more's the pity.  And in further event: You have just lost a contributor, from the particularly intelligence-insulting letter that you just allowed to be sent out over your signature.

'Sincerely,'

 etc.  

--

P.S. I have just tried to check them both out on a Google Search as to being possible scam operations.  At least one person who posted on them called them out on such activity.  But that could have been just politically motivated.  (He called them 'racist'.  Typical smartass left-wing propaganda.)  I will look further into the matter.  In the meantime, a) there is this silly and odoriferous letter to go by; and b) my message for the day is:

Beware of gift horses.  There may be a small army of Trojans in them.  Out for a good night out.

---

And speaking of messages:

I see that the Usurper, who has publicly acknowledged that he can't change immigration law by Executive Order, is doing it, rather, by Memorandum.

Well, I guess what can we expect, when Slick Willy set the stage by getting away with his little peccadillo, by insisting - vociferously, and on camera to boot - that he hadn't had "sexual relations with that woman, Lewinsky".  It all depends on what your definition of 'sexual relations' is, doesn't it, Bill.  And so here we are, in our day.  And compromised age.  

A pox on the House, if it doesn't do something about this effing nonsense.  And stop it in its tracks.  Before it gets any bigger than it already is.

As in:

'A "natural born" citizen?  Well, that must mean…uh…must mean…...Well, it'd mean whatever the Supreme Court says it does.  Wouldn't it.'

Only in Wonderland, Friend.  Only in Wonderland.

And guess where we are, now.

And deep in it.

And getting deeper.

Into the deep doo-doo.

And all of it, under the heading of Treating People Like Fools.

Scam artists, everywhere you look these days.  Up to, and including, the Oval Office……

…and the Speaker of the House - that's a Republican; John Boehner - trying to slip through funding for the Usurper's illegal amnesty decree…...and……and………and……………….

Criminals, all.

All - out.  When the Augean Stables-cleaning commences.

No comments: