from conservativebyte.com: ‘Rand Paul PAC runs birther ad attacking Ted Cruz’ - June 1
(A poster, name of Shamas, posted a good post on the true take on the 'natural born citizen' issue. Others disagreed; esp. this guy.)
- MikeInMaine Shamas • 11 hours ago (June 1)
You are an IDIOT. Your theory has been completely discredited by constitutional scholars who understand these matters a helluva lot better than you ever will. How sad that you are such a retard.
- Shamas MikeInMaine • 10 hours ago
Hey IDIOT....you don't need to be a "scholar" to understand the US Constitution. It's written in English. Duh!
- I suggest YOU read it for yourself and stop listening to the biased ....and unconstitutional ....opinions of others. It's clearly states, only "Natural Born Citizen's" are eligible for the US President's job. There simply is not debate or argument about it.
Oleo Ranch Shamas • 4 hours ago
You keep talking about the Constitution. The Constitution calls for the president to be a natural born citizen, and I never hear anyone denying that fact. Can you please give us and EXACT QUOTE from the Founders or the Constitution defining the requirements for natural born citizen?
- kibitzer3 Oleo Ranch • a few seconds ago (June 2)
- I don't know what happened to the first part of my post. I said
- something like:
- The Constitution is not a dictionary. They were going by what they in their time understood the term to mean. For which there is ample evidence:
- 1) John Jay, who was such a respected statesman of the day that he ended up being the first Chief Justice of the new U.S. Supreme Court, wrote a letter to G. Washington, in his role as Chair of the Constitutional Convention, in which he noted that the presidential office occupant would also become the Commander in Chief of the nation's military forces, and urged consideration by the constitutional Framers as to that office being filled only by a "natural born" citizen; with the intention being that the person would have NO DUAL/CONFLICTING LOYALTIES OR ALLEGIANCES in that sensitive position - i.e., was one born on the soil (jus soli) of two (U.S.) citizen parents (jus sanguinis). And to drive that intention home:
- 2) A. Hamilton, as a delegate to the proceedings, proposed that the person need only be a "citizen" - and his proposal WAS SPECIFICALLY TURNED DOWN, in favor of the more stringent citizenship requirement.
- 3) They were going by E. de Vattel's definitive tome 'The Law of Nations or Principles of Natural Law' on the subject.
if any of them wasn't sure what they were voting on, all they had to do was ask their respected elder mentor, Benjamin Franklin, who was sitting right there amongst them as a delegate to the proceedings, and had three copies of said reference book in his possession.
There is no getting around it, by expedient people in our day: THEY KNEW what they were voting on. And so does anybody in our day who has an open mind to the subject. In short: Cruz is not eligible for the job. And nor is, nor was, Obama. Who simply needs to be removed from the office, as a Usurper (impeachment proceedings being only for legally sitting presidents). And all of the legislation that he signed into law, and all the executive orders that he issued, and all the appointments that he made, go with him. Into the trash bin.
Because two wrongs do NOT make a right. And we either set this wrong right. Or the Constitution is a dead letter. And we are under the rule of men. Another word for which is tyranny.
Cruz was BORN to a mother that was an AMERICAN CITIZEN. Cruz IS ELIGIBLE.
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 13 hours ago (June 1)