Tuesday 9 January 2018

What Are The Odds


In my last blog, of late last night, I mentioned how the left has no morals (and amended the reference in the context of having no 'class').   But I didn't give them enough credit in that regard.  They do have morals.  They have the morals of, say, an alley cat.

Today I went online to give a quick check on my emails before diving into my day, and saw a notice by Dennis Prager of 'Prager U,' a conservative site, notifying his audience that Google/YouTube has been censoring his short videos, from a simple conservative pov, designed for the younger audience, for the youth of today to have a chance to see the conservative 'take' on various issues (shades of the Stasi 'take' on things.  And the guy behind the Stasi network in the former East Germany did come over here and set up our Department of Homeland Security...), and presented a petition for people to sign who supported him in his objection to being censored for simply that.  No outlandish comments of any kind in them, which could have offended any legitimate 'Community Standards'.  Just the conservative message.  

I filled in my info to sign it, and hit the Send button.  And the 'Processing' sign came up; and I waited.  And waited.  And waited...until 'it' returned me to the stage of the process that I was at before I attempted to submit my signature to the petition.  Being an optimistic sort of person, I tried again.  And the same thing happened.  And this time, 'Hal' didn't even have the decency to return me to the original site after a period of time: the 'Processing' notice went on, and on, and on, and on. ..

 I let it run for quite a long time, just to see what it was programmed to do this time.   Went away, engaged in some of my getting-up routine, came back.

Still 'Processing'...until my computer timed out and the screen went blank.

Hal:

I command thee:

Go to hell.


Waiting...........



P.S. And you know how your computer throws up some word of its own when you misstype, trying to be helpful and figure out what you meant, so that you need to proof your material closely after you finish??  How long before your computer will say back to you:
     'You cannot use that word.  Try again.'
     Or worse:
     'You have used a banned word.  You have been reported to the authorities.'...
     And the Soviets thought they were smart in this sort of game when they decreed that all paper manufacturers had to imprint in their product an identifiable watermark, so that the authorities could trace down the origins of producers of samizdat publications...
     It has come to this stage of takeover in this country, Citizen.
     Don't just 'watch your step'.
     Resist.

     (Oops...)


No comments: