Friday 29 April 2016

Further On Trying To Be A Good Citizen


To: info@judicialwatch.org

Subject: Voting Procedures in the State of CA

April 29

Dear JW:

FYI:

I returned to the States, and my home state of CA, in 2012 after living abroad for many years.  I went to my local precinct to vote in the federal elections that year, and was appalled when I was not asked to show my state ID card.  (This state issues an easily obtained photo ID card, upon presentation of a copy of one's birth certificate, that could easily be used for that purpose, as it is for so many others.)  Not even a letter showing that I indeed lived at the address shown on the voter reg rolls.  I complained to the precinct supervisor about their system, and walked out, refusing lo vote, and thus supporting the corrupt system.  In 2014 I went again to vote, 'armed' with some questions, which included a) this business about not being asked for my ID, and b) why, if one has to learn to read and write English in order to become a citizen, they provided all the voting materials in a number of languages.  (I was told that that was a federal requirement, not a state one.)  Another unhappy experience.  I tried again over two weeks ago now (April 12th), for a local election, just to check my facts with them; and was told at the polling place that they are in point of fact instructed not to ask for ID, and the person in charge kindly gave me the number of the local Election Office, to follow up my request to make a "formal complaint" with.

There - this is the next day, the 13th - I was confidently informed, by a nice young lady, in response to my specific query, that they check the signatures proffered at the polling place against the original signatures when the person filled out their voter registration form.  I queried if they in fact do that for every person every time; she said that yes, they run the signatures through a scanner.  I doubt this very much, but I went on with my main question: What do they do to make sure that the names on the reg rolls are in fact eligible voters in the first place?  She assured me, in the same pleasant and confident manner, that they check them against various sources, including, quote, "the DMV".  When I pointed out that this state now allows illegal aliens to obtain a driver's license, she immediately changed tone and tack and sent me up the chain, to the L.A. County Voters Registration Office.  And this is where things got really interesting.  

The young fellow on the phone - name of [    ]; with his supervisor listening in on the conversation, 'for training purposes,' and so in effect signing off on the info given out by their office - told me that a) there is no state law to require voter ID, so they don't ask for it, and b) there is no vetting procedure for the names on the voter reg rolls; that they take the person's word for it, because they have signed, quote, "on penalty of perjury".  When I asked if they ever check the names out to see if perjury has in fact been committed, the reply was that that is not the procedure, and if I had any 'complaint' about the procedures - with especial regard to not having had to show photo ID at the polling place - I would need to take that up with my State Assemblyperson or State Senator; it was nothing to do with them.

I then emailed my State Assemblyperson (Patrick O'Donnell, Democrat, District 70) with a summary of this info, and made a formal complaint in particular regarding the lack of requirement for a voter photo ID in this state.  My response to date:

Crickets.

That was April 13th.  I have given up trying to get some response from this state's political or voting representatives on this state's atrocious voting system.

I refuse to take part in a charade, a fraud.  This is UNACCEPTABLE.

If I can be of any assistance to you folks in attempting to get some satisfaction from this state on this appalling matter, please let me know.  I am retired, so I have time, but I have no car, so I cannot easily go to any sort of hearings that you may help convene.  But please, give us some help in this state on this matter.

Thank you for hearing me out, and for all that you folks are doing, to try to clean up the terrible voting 'act' - and it is an 'act' - in this country.


Sincerely,


'Stan' Stanfield
[address & email provided]
(I don't answer the phone - too many people trying to sell me something - so I do not give that out as contact info.)

--

And on the same subject:

from universalfreepress.om: ’Supreme Court Denies Bid To Block Texas Voter ID Law’ - R.L. Grimes - April 29


The effing Democrats with their ludicrous stalling tactics for a major overhaul of the voting systems in this country. I as an American citizen have the right to feel that my legitimate vote is not being wiped out by illegitimate votes. That means photo IDs, regular & thorough cleansing of the voter reg rolls, and NO MORE ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES. Back to a clear paper-trail voting system.


I refuse to take part in a charade, a fake, a fraudulent system. Both the Democrats AND the Republicans are responsible for the appalling state of voting affairs in this country. It's worse than in a banana republic. At least there often they require their voters to dip a finger in purple ink, to make sure that they don't vote more than once. Maybe it's time that this country resorts to such embarrassing measures. Until we GROW UP.

--

Grrrrrr...........................................................................................

     

No comments: