1) further from washingtontimes.com: ‘New York values Trump as The Donald demolishes Kasich, Cruz in Empire State’ - Seth McLaughlin and Stephen Dinan - April 19
The best thing that Cruz could do would be to admit that he isn't eligible for the job, for not being a 'natural born' citizen (if a U.S. citizen at all; apparently his mother had taken on Canadian citizenship at the time, and at the time they didn't allow for dual citizenship) - and thus, bring down the Usurper in the Oval Office with him, on the same charge. Who needs simply to be arrested - by Oath Keepers, if the local law enforcement officers won't do the job; Sergeants at Arms or whatever they are called - and held for trial, on a whole host of charges by now, including fraud, perjury, and treason. And Hillary needs to be arrested and held for trial on her own "whole host of charges," including running an unsecured email system whilst SoS, and soliciting bribes from foreign governments for her and Bill's Clinton Foundation personal slush fund.
And then we REALLY get down to business in this country. Locking up all the corrupt politicos and judges as one of the first orders of business, under New Management.
- Cruz meets the requirements of the law for presidency, including being a citizen by birth (what you would call natural born). Congress makes the laws. Not armchair quarterbacks.
- A 'citizen at birth' is NOT a 'natural born' citizen. As attested to when Alexander Hamilton, as a delegate to the Continental Convention proceedings, made a proposal that the president need only be, quote, "born a Citizen" - and his proposal was SPECIFICALLY TURNED DOWN, in favor of the more stringent 'natural born' category of citizen.
They were CLEARLY going by the definition of a NBC as defined in the definitive tome of the day on such matters, E. de Vattel's 'The Law of Nations, Or Principles of Natural Law'. Quote (from Book One, Ch. XIX, Sect. 212): "The natives, or natural born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens..." That's what makes it 'natural,' for heaven's sake. As for "Congress makes the laws": Congress makes the laws as congruent with the law of the land - the Constitution. And nothing - no Naturalization Acts, no 'Resolutions'; nothing - trumps the Constitution, except a constitutional amendment. Which, as a matter of fact, both current major political parties tried a total of 8 times between them, between 2003 and '08, to get just such an amendment going through Congress - proposals all of which had this NBC eligibility requirement for the office of POTUS as their common denominator - and they failed each time even to get their proposals out of committee, such was the sensitivity around this particular issue. So: THEY KNEW. And know. That Obama is a Usurper in the office. And that Cruz is ineligible. And they will ALL go down for this charade, this crime. And I mean, both political parties, AS political parties, as well. Taken down under RICO statutes, against criminal enterprises. Which they have both proven to be.
It's time - and almost past - for a total cleanup of the political condition in this country. And that includes of the voting process. Another, though related, matter.
2) from Tea Party C.C.: ‘Lying, cheating Cruz steals an original idea published in this Forum and uses it absurdly against Mr. Trump.” - Elizabeth Jones - April 19
(Elizabeth is upset that Cruz used a term that she used against Cruz - that “he doesn’t know how to operate a lemonade stand” - against Trump.)
Reply by Elizabeth Jones 22 hours ago (April 19)
I don't mind my content being used by others, but not in a dishonest way. We are here to educate one another in an effort to take back our country.
I agree with the moderator, Dee, no one leader or organization speaks for the Tea Party. We are all independent voices, United around one goal to take back our Federal government and our country.
- Permalink Reply by A Benton Edmons II 2 hours ago (April 20)
- One of the points you make is the most valid, that the majority of Americans do not understand. The Office of the President is an Executive Position, and Donald Trump is the ONLY true qualified Executive we have had in a long age.
- In my opinion, Trump may not the Best choice for a Candidate, as we understand today, but he IS the best choice out of what is out there. He is NOT a career Politician, but he does have what it takes to be in the Executive Office of the President.
- I wrote to Kasich explaining how he IS part of the problem with out government today. Of course, he ignored my criticism of his egomania.
- I also wrote to Cruz about how I agree with many of the Talking Heads he would be more effective as a Supreme Court Justice, especially if he keep every case to the Constitution, using the Constitution as a guideline. Not only is that position lifetime, but he can really make decisions even a President needs to heed.
- Trump will shake things up. Not necessarily the best way, but changes the U.S. needs to change the path it is heading currently. He is NOT the hope and change which Obama fooled people with, but a change which hopefully will bring back prosperity.
- Cruz, as Constitutionally-minded as he is, cannot bring back prosperity. He can change many things and fix many things (illegal immigration, opening oil drilling and coal mines in the U.S. etc), but he is not a job creator. Trump, if he is truly in our favor, can do what Cruz can, but he should also be able to bring jobs back to the U.S.
- That is what the change we need, and what he may be able to bring about. Time will tell.
- Permalink Reply by Frank Barnett 1 hour ago
- Thank you for that well thought out post. I never thought of Cruz as a Supreme, but he would probably be great at it. Trump as the Executive seems to be right on, too. I also agree with your opinion on Kasich.
- Permalink Reply by Stan Stanfield 1 second ago (April 20)
- Supreme Court Justice? When he is trying to palm himself off as a 'natural born' citizen?? I don't think so.
- The constitutional Framers' definition of a NBC (from the definitive tome of the day on such matters, E. de Vattel's 'The Law of Nations, Or Principles of Natural Law'): "The natives, or natural born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens..." (That's what makes it 'natural,' for heaven's sake.) But then, that sort of thing is only believed in by advocates of 'originalism'... (speaking snarkily of Cruz being "as Constitutionally-minded as he is").