Saturday 24 September 2016

I, Everyman


I, Everyman

Somebody
Needs to tell
The Powers That Be
Who apparently
Don't want to listen
                  to me
    (through their
              various
       surveillance
              devices)
That their day
Is over.  Through.
Done with. Finished.
Kaput.
          And therefore,
          time
          for them
          to surrender
          quietly.
                       And face
    the consequences
    of their actions
    nevertheless.

I hope that my reputation
Has preceded me:
                       that I
    do not suffer fools
    gladly.

                Who
        am I
        then?

                   I AM
    Everyman

            and no one
            in particular.

                    So, you
         would have to
            take out
            all of us
            in order to
     accomplish
     your misguided
             task
       if you dared.

         Capiche?

      So, let's be
       on with it
           then.

        Tempus
           fugit.

No comments: