Friday 13 November 2015

What I AM - And Am Not


What I AM - And Am Not

          I

I AM angry
At how easily
You Americans
Have compromised
      and actually
      sold out
Your country
Your legacy
Your gift
Of great price
To the highest
Bidder.
            Bitter
I AM.
          Yes.

      II

I Am not 
A religious person
Per se.  To say:
I subscribe to no
Particular religion.
        My research
Into them tells me
          that
They all have human
    fingerprints 
All over them.  
I am interested
          rather
In Truth 
              not
Conjecture.
So I consider
Myself rather a
Spiritual person.
And that the point
Of life is to discover
       what it’s
       All
       about.
You see, it’s obvious to
    the sincere
    Truthseeker
    that there is
A larger reality
Than this one
           that we
   are currently
Embedded in;*
   and therefore
There is Plan in
And Purpose to
      the universe;
      to life;
And our little purpose, then
      is to live in
      and by
      and for
      It

And let our grosser bodies
Feed the daisies
        at the end of
Each go ‘round
In the ground
Of our lesser
          being
And reality.

You see?

Or don’t you
Yet.

You will.  For
That is
The Plan.
    Ready
    or
    not
At each moment
     in
     time.

—-

*And so
‘Allahu Akbar!’
Indeed.  Well;
              yes
And no.  
              Or
‘We are
The Chosen 
People.  We
Were chosen
         to rule
Over you lot.’
               Not
           by
        the Most
        High.
        But
        to
        continue.

No comments: