Thursday 18 August 2016

On Presidential Candidates


I thought to send some sort of email as the following to the senior senator of my state, Diane Feinstein.  Not that I would recommend her for the job; but just to sound this sort of note:

Dear Senator Feinstein
(Or Dianne, if I may
                           be
                   so bold),

As a leading light
Of the Democrat Party,
You need to help HRC
Be released from the charade
That she is involved in.
                  The woman
Is in dire need
To convalesce
From whatever all it is
That is ailing her,
               in order
               to let
The Democrats
Come up with another
Candidate - Bernie,
Or Biden, or you,
Or whomsoever -
To give them time
To mount their own
Campaign.

But wait - I've got
A better idea
              even
Than that:

An Open Letter
To Hillary:

Dear Hillary,

You really need to
                  convalesce
From whatever all it is
That is ailing you.
It's time for The Play
To be over anyway
                     and I
Will take over now
And lead us into
    The New

          or see
A psychiatrist,
              one.

No comments: