Tuesday 4 July 2017

Jottings...About 'They'


 Jottings
  About
  ‘They’

           I

     Just Like Us

All the while that some Jews
Were contributing to the culture
Of the nation, others
Were plotting its demise.
And you can’t say that it comes
With their mother’s milk,
                                  because
They are all Jewesses.
                        And so, they
Are just like us.


         II

I Encourage You
  To Consider

I encourage you to consider
That you may have been
                  one of those
Whom you are currently berating
                   for being
What they were, in another
Time and place, in order
To get a wholistic picture
Of things, as befitting
                  a budding
God -
          a chip
           off
The old block
As it were.


     III

Go Figure

      Christians
Are just a branch
Of the Jewish
            religion.
   And Muslims
                  are
        the same.
   (‘The People
   of The Book’
                they
     are called.)
          It is like 
      quarreling
          siblings.
             Go
         figure.


        IV

     A Son Of 
  The Republic -
       Or Not,
 As The Particular
        Case
      May Be

Eliminating ads
On one site
In particular
In my emails
          causes
my computer
To get snippy
With me
And block me
From that site
Completely.

Clever, these
Our erstwhile
Police state
    masters. 

   And who’s
    to say
I would behave
Differently
              if I
       were in
  their shoes???


         V

    A Son Of 
The Republic
   As the Case
          Is

I will not break faith
With the Founders
Of this country.
               They
         will not
Have sacrificed
            so much
         in vain.
           Liberty
      and justice
Will prevail.
       Chicanery
      and deceit
Shall disappear; 
        and never
        the twain
        shall meet
        again.

No comments: